Friday, 9 December 2016

May it Be


It's a girl! 




My regular visitors will know I was expecting number 3. 
This was me on my due date: 


Jack arrived 5 weeks early. Noah arrived bright and early right on his due date. And this one. Well, I started to fret about the possibility of induction. However, on my due date we took a brisk stroll on this foggy day, I ate some spicy food, and I got out the birthing ball and bounced for 30 minutes solid. Something worked, because I had my first contraction at midnight that night, and after a shockingly speedy, but thankfully straightforward delivery, she arrived at 2.44am. Fashionably late.


Meet little May. 8lbs 10oz of lovely squishiness. We love her. And her brothers are so taken with her. What a novelty a girl is to us! We can't reuse any of our boys clothing, but I am all biz about dresses, headbands, and everything pink! So far, she is a really content little thing that doesn't cry much. She fits right in. She's not even 2 weeks old yet, but it feels like she has been here forever.


Nice to meet you!



I'm doing well after the birth, as is May. We're all a bit zonked I think. New babies tend to disrupt family routine a bit. But mostly, we're all enjoying sleepy newborn cuddles. The boys are just in love with their brand new sister. What a blessing she is.

Welcome to the family, darling.

24 comments:

  1. Congratulations! She's beautiful:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness...she is absolutely precious! Congrats on your new addition...little girls are such blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh congratulations! She is a beauty #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! What a gorgeous girl. #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos! Congratulations :) #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! Congratulations!!!! What a gorgeous way to remember the day before your sweet ones birth! Gorgeous photos to accompany a little angel! #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations, she's so beautiful! Enjoy all the pink! #sundayphoto

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations and welcome to the world little May, how wonderful. Her big brothers will always take care of her, I know because I have two big brothers too. I love your photos, what wonderful memories xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Massive congratulations.

    Thank you for linking up

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many congratulations. She is beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Massive congratulations and you have some gorgeous shots to remember this very special time with too. #mysundayphoto

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations Cathy. A beautiful family you have there and some gorgeous early photos.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations, a beautiful name

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww she is beautiful! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely photos. Congratulations. #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations what a beautiful little girl! xx #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
  17. Huge congratulations! What a gorgeous little lady :)

    Thanks for linking up to #FunkyKidFriday xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you guys and it will be so much fun for you to share beautiful photos of May in girls outfits. :)
    My Linky Party:
    http://abooksandmore.blogspot.co.za/2016/12/peacocks-with-linky.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are absolutely stunning family portraits

    Mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a beautiful little girl to the addition of your family, such a blessing!. I have watched your family since Jack was a toddler. Wishing you a Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ah congratulation on the safe arrival of baby May, what a little beauty!! She is going to be loved and spoilt so much by her big brothers. Thank you so much for supporting My Captured Moment xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beyond beautiful...you are beyond blessed. What a Merry Christmas you shall have for years to come. Hugs to you my friend! Teresa from NanaHood

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations! I was wondering when she would turn up! I'm glad everything went OK and the boys are happy with their new sister.

    ReplyDelete