Monday, 24 October 2016

Hooray for Peter Pumpkinhead (Review: Little Green Radicals)


October- what a month. Eh? I bet I'm not alone in my thinking. How pretty everything is! The leaves, the sky, the light! Oh those sunsets! I have everyones head turned over chasing the light. I even quite like the drop in temperature. It's not too cold yet, so thoroughly pleasant to walk in. The only thing I don't like about autumn is the short time it seems to last before the long winter sets in. Of this I am not a fan.


We carved pumpkins yesterday morning. Something Jack was really into the idea of until I made the mistake of casually (perhaps thoughtlessly) uttering the words, "now it's time to scoop out the guts." Well. That was enough to put our squeamish Jack right off. And Jack's disgust toward this idea turned Noah right off too. So I ended up scooping out the insides, and carving a pumpkin, as did Daddy. So these aren't really the boys efforts, although they're taking full credit.






If you aren't already aware of them, let me introduce you to the award winning kids clothing company, Little Green Radicals. They started out on a market stall in 2005, and have since grown to epic proportions with hundreds of stockists worldwide, and of course their online store. With a passion for fair trade, they have won awards for their organic clothing and they were one of a select group of brands in the UK to be the first to get a fair-trade certification for cotton.

Little Green radicals work with farmers in India who get a guaranteed price for their cotton. The factories they work with treat their employees well, providing them with fair wages, maternity leave, and basically all the benefits you would expect yourself. Plus, they don't use nasty pesticides. 


They sent m'boys a couple of lovely autumnal outfits. These included the Deep Blue Corduroy jeans for Noah, and the Gold corduroy jeans for Jack. They are super soft and comfy. Jack also wears the Woodland Stripe Reversible Jacket and the Deep Blue Raglan Tee. Noah is wearing another variation of these items, the Autumn rainbow Stripe reversible Jacket and the Autumn Rainbow Raglan Tee

Again, the t-shirts are a great autumn staple. Soft, comfortable, and oh so cute. But it's the reversible jackets I am most impressed with. These are just perfect at this time of year. Sometimes it's hard to get a good, warm, comfortable coat. These are like thick fleeces. They're so easy to throw over anything, plus they're reversible. I really like these little coats.










Thanks so much to Little Green Radicals for kitting out my lads in such lovely attire. Do check these guys out, if you haven't already. Their autumn stock is just super cute. Here's our week that was:

1&8. Golden hour
2. Gorgeous smiles
3. Autumn bike rides
4. Family
5. Bumping along
6. Fish pies - comfort food!
7. Daddy and Noah

30 comments:

  1. What wonderful photos! The clothes look great, I particularly like the look of the fleece-lined stripey top. Perfect for this time of year.
    David - Potty Adventures
    #whatevertheweather

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a delightful family. Such cute children.
    Thanks for sharing at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2016/10/along-way.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shots! Looks like the boys are having fun even if they didn't clean out the pumpkins.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I love these outfits they are so colourful. I will check out their site. I love all the Autumn colours and the amazing light! Sarah #WhateverTheWeather

    ReplyDelete
  5. What gorgeous photos! I hate autumn, but these have cheered me up :)

    Happy Wordless Wednesday. http://coombecottagesandco.blogspot.co.uk/2016/10/wordless-wednesday-is-it-bird-is-it.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You hate autumn!? I couldn't believe it, and when I read this comment aloud to my Mum, she agreed with you stating it was her least favourite season too! So you're in good company! But I still like you and thank you for visiting!

      Delete
  6. We love Little Green Radicals too! Have you seen their new Halloween Stars and Moon range this week? Love your photos - we went pumpkin picking too #Whatevertheweather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mock-Turtle26 October 2016 at 21:45
      No, I haven't, I'm away for a look now! Thanks for the heads up. And thanks for visiting! X

      Delete
  7. No, I haven't, I'm away for a look now! Thanks for the heads up. And thanks for visiting! X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely amazing photos. I love these. Coming over from #CountryKids x

    ReplyDelete
  9. All of your pictures are perfect!! I love everything about it! #FunkyKidFriday

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such fun photos though it does make me smile that the boys were put off by the pumpkin insides and left you doing all the work! With those lovely carved faces all done no wonder they were happy to claim the credit. Beautiful autumn setting for your photos and I love the leaf throwing one.

    Thank you for sharing with me on #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous autumnal photos of you and your boys, how do you manage to get them to happily stay in one place?! I love the clothes you were sent, they are nice and bright but cosy too, you can't beat autumn cords! Thanks so much for linking up to #Whatevertheweather :) x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are beautiful photos. What fun pumpkins and stunning autumn photos. Love the autumn colours x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning photos! You even managed to get your dog to sit still - amazing! I love those clothes so much! My daughter was the same with the pumpkin insides, she hated the smell so gave up. My son however, normally so scared of anything dirty, managed to help until the end! #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks Samantha. Believe me, the dog is the easiest one to make sit still! She's so obedient compared to the human boys!

      Delete
  14. Lovely photos!
    Love the clothes too!
    #mysundayphoto

    ReplyDelete
  15. What lovely Autumn and halloween pictures! Love the pumpkin in front of the face one. #mysundayphoto

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful pictures, love all the colours :) Thanks for sharing at Creative Mondays last week, you are one of this weeks features :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Claire Justine! Thanks for hosting and I appreciate the wee feature! X

      Delete
  17. I love the gorgeous colours on the Little Green Radicals outfits - they do such great designs :) And wow those pumpkins are great, no wonder your little ones have wanted to take the credit :D #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely love Little Green Radicals clothing and have a few pieces for my boys as well. Also how cool are the pumpkins and such beautiful photography. Just popping over from #CountryKids

    Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great photos! And yes, what perfect pumpkins. Love the bump pictures too, you look gorgeous xx

    Thank you so much for liking up to My Captured Moment hon xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. How gorgeous is the gold light with the gold trousers??? LOVE!

    Thanks for linking up to #FunkyKidFriday xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. How gorgeous is the gold light with the gold trousers??? LOVE!

    Thanks for linking up to #FunkyKidFriday xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my word, these are just the sweetest photos! I love this time of years the colours are just incredible #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gosh your photos are always stunning. #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
  24. These are truly stunning your photography never seizes to amaze me. The lighting you always get so perfect and those beautiful snaps of the kiddos are picture perfect full of smiles. #meandmineproject

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the pumpkin heads! We made soup with our 'guts' and the seeds are delicious roasted. The colours of the boys' clothes are just perfect for autumn.

    ReplyDelete