Tuesday, 13 September 2016

Dancing in September


It's definitely time for an update, seeing as it has been about a month since my last post! Those last couple of weeks of the summer holidays flew in and Jack has been back to school for a few weeks now. He's settled in brilliantly, without so much as a wobble. It's back to flying out the door with zero make up and a bit of toast hanging out of my mouth trying to get us to school on time. Homework in the afternoon. Remembering on a Sunday evening that I haven't washed the uniform for the next day and packing lunches. A domestic goddess I am not. I'm about as far from it as they come.


Noah and I take the dog for a walk every morning so this morning I took my camera for a few snaps. Especially since the weather has been pretty awesome for September. Keep it up please! Autumn is fine by me. It's winter I'm not keen on.


Noah is such a cute boy! He's an imp with a huge personality. We get such a kick out of him and his cheeky wee ways. I wrote a post about his terrible two phase a while back. I think we've almost reached the other side as often it had to do with the frustration of not being able to communicate wants and feelings ... suddenly the boy speaks. He can understand and reason quite a bit now. Phew. 


Say, Do you remember... Dancing in September?


In other news... Jack lost his front tooth! That's 3 away. We don't really do the tooth fairy. It's hard for us to remember to pretend there is a tooth fairy as our parents didn't go in for that. Or the easter bunny. Fairies. Anything like that. Jack asks too many questions to fib about these things. I'm struggling to keep the Santa secret as it is.



The boys are moving in to the same room this week (I hope) as Noah is being evicted from the cot to make room for our new arrival. We have the bunk beds built and the room painted. We have some cabinets up now too, but it's all fallen terribly behind schedule thanks to busy family life. It was supposed to be finished right about now, and despite spending most weekends trying to compete this project, we've lagged. I'll be posting some photos of the room once done. I have lots of lovely products to feature, so stay tuned! Sneak peek...



Maisey-dog turned 7 in August. Happy birthday to this wonder-mutt. She's given us 7 years of joy. You know that makes her, like, 47 in human years? Such a sweet mongrel. 



And these boys... ever since school started back they aren't getting on each others nerves as often. When Jack gets out of school Noah is very glad to see him. It's lovely. In the words of Bright Eyes I love their love, and I am thankful.
  


Update over-and-out.

28 comments:

  1. You have gorgeous kids!
    Thanks for sharing at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2016/09/los-viejos.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous boys! Thanks for sharing with NanaHood! You are blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photos are beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's nice to see what you guys have been up to and your well-loved mutt. The photos are gorgeous as always. My linky party:
    http://abooksandmore.blogspot.co.za/2016/09/red-winged-starlings-with-linky.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. They're so adorable! I love the light you capture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your photos are always such heaven to look at. Lovely boys, lovely clothes! X

    ReplyDelete
  7. your photos are fabulous. I love the firemen picture with the kids and your dog. Very cool. Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such wonderful, expressive photos. I too like Autumn, but hate winter, brrr I shiver just thinking about it! #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous collection of photos! I love the black and white one with the dog

    ReplyDelete
  10. The front tooth is a big one to lose! My son has lost two teeth so far so the front ones will be soon I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the light on the outdoor photos! Great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really beautiful photos

    Thank you for linking up

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, your photos are just amazing! Love the toothy gap one, my son is 5 and I'm wondering when they first one will come out x
    www.emmaplusthree.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such lovely photos, every one looking amazing in them, Clio lending a helping hand for Coombe Mill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great to see you all having a wonderful autumn, it really looks like you've got your hands full with school Noah and one on the way! Noah looks like he really enjoys his dog walks with mummy in the morning. It's great to see the brotherly bond between the two boys coming on more as they get older too, so sweet.

      Thanks for joining in with #CountryKids.

      Delete
  15. That one of him with his tooth is AMAZING! We still haven't lost any teeth here. And good luck with them sharing a room, I hope all goes well. xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such gorgeous photos :) You're looking rather fabulous too!

    Thanks for linking up to #FunkyKidFriday xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. What beautiful photos of your boys and dog. I don't think there is anything sweeter than a dog and kids together. #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
  18. What gorgeous pictures! I adore the first one! Adorable.. Autumn is by far a favourite season! Popping over from #TheOrdinaryMoments

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amazing photos as always!

    We are still waiting for my son's tooth to come out. He does believe in tooth fairy but I think by the time his tooth would come out he is old enough to know they are not real =P

    #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ah your boys are beautiful and these pictures, as always are gorgeous!! Huge congratulations on your baby news, that's so exciting. Thank you so much for linking up to #MyCapturedMoment xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Absolutely stunning pics as always and you are looking amazing too. Your littlest has such a cheeky look, what a sweetheart and missing teeth grins, adorable! Thanks for linking up to #Whatevertheweather :) x

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a lovely post, the images are stunning! Glad the back to school time has gone well we had a bit of a reluctant boy at our house. I love the wall paint, it looks like mountains. Congratulation's on the baby, how exciting! #brilliantblogposts

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow your photos are stunning! I understand what you mean with the tooth fairy - my eldest is 3 and questions everything about father christmas and fairies. The more she asks the bigger the lies I make up, and then feel guilty. It is definitely easier not to start the lie in the first place! #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a lovely family! And how I enjoy your beautiful photos..always!

    ReplyDelete