Monday, 4 July 2016

Design your own!


Hello July. The weather is anyones guess. We just have to take it hour by hour at the moment, which is no fun when the summer holidays begin TODAY! The wildflower around at the moment is just lovely. I like the idea of those wildflower bombs that you just fire into your flower beds, and up come these beauties. How can these be considered weeds?




So every Mammy has the right to a couple of photos of their kid on the first day of school (especially P1!) and the last day? Right? Well, Jack can get well and truly sick of being photographed (I don't blame him) which is why I try to photograph him as candidly as possible - usually. I wanted a wee photo of him on the way to his last day of P1. He wasn't best pleased. As you can see. Look how he's grown though! Size of the biy! And that 'tude!

So, that's P1 over and done with. How that year flew. Jack doesn't seem one bit sad about it being over. He looks forward to P2, but is just so excited to be off for a couple of months. As usual, I'm wondering how to pass all the extra time, especially when it rains! The fighting and bickering between them has already started.

(Fortunately for me, Noah will still play happily in front of the camera!)


So, we're waiting for a break in this morning's torrential rain to walk the dog. Fortunately though, while we have been waiting we have the best rainy day activity to pass some time! This amazing Lala and Bea Design your own PJs kit! 

These very light grey, (almost off white) 100% super soft organic cotton PJ's come in a lovely little screen printed tote, with 5 fluorescent coloured Dylon permanent fabric pens. They also have some stencils if you need a bit of help. 


I found it very difficult to hand over control! Whatever is drawn onto these jim-jams is permanent! I really wanted them to look good! So, I got my professional artist husband to design the top (I think he made an amazing job of it) and Jack and I designed the bottoms. I let Jack draw whatever he wanted on the back. So far, he has drawn this "dinosaur, being bitten by a T-Rex and bleeding, surrounded by fire ants."




 (I think it was only because of the boredom of being stuck in the house that camera-irritated Jack hammed it up a bit for the camera this morning! Silver linings!)




Jack of course loves everything Daddy chose to doodle on his jammies. Cartoon men - yas. Funky patterns - yas. T-Rex - Yas yas yas. And who are the snails? That's Speedy and Ben. Jack's pet snails. I thought they would be a very low maintenance pet, and on one hand they are. But man, can snails poop? Their tank is disgusting. But Jack is very fond of those dirty bugs.




We really loved the PJ's. They are great quality, as you would expect of Lala and Bea. They would make the perfect gift for an older child who really loves doodling, or a younger child with artistic parents! We keep in touch with a lot of my husbands university art-graduate buds, who now have families of their own too. I reckon they would love a pair of these as a gift! Could they hand over control I wonder? The pens still haven't run out, even after a lot of colouring, so I can vouch for the quality of those too.

Thank you to Lala and Bea. These PJs are a hit!

Smile? I shan't.

34 comments:

  1. Gosh I can remember when Jack was that size, they are both so cute, where does time go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what beautiful photos. and your husband's drawings are amazing! What a clever idea to draw on your own PJ's, a brilliant activity for older children. I am not artistic in the least, I hope my son is though! Hope you all enjoy the summer holidays and get some nice weather, it really does seem to change hourly. #DreamTeam

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cutie!
    http://parentclub.ca/2016/07/instasummer-parentclub/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats an awesome PJs and a thing to do on a rainy day! We love craft and drawing here too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They really are very cute and the PJs seem a great way to pass a rainy afternoon xx #MyCapturedMoment

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so cool! Absolutely love the idea. Lovely pictures by the way #MyCapturedMoment

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! What a great shirt! Have a great week!
    http://travelingbugwiththreeboys-kelleyn.blogspot.com/2016/07/the-end-of-swim-season.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colours of the flowers in the field that are reflected in his top. #MyCapturedMoment

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea! The pjs look fab, and gorgeous photos.x #funkykidfriday

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love what you've done with them and what a great idea #funkykidfriday

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are ace - would make a fab gift. Mama sizes please! #funkykidsfriday

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are ace - would make a fab gift. Mama sizes please! #funkykidsfriday

    ReplyDelete
  13. We're big fans of wildflower too! Love the PJs from Lala&Bea :) great piccys! #Countrykids

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow those pjs are amazing! Do they do them for adults too?? Also love the wild flowers picture. Lovely photos as always #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful pictures as usual but how cool are these PJ's! My kids would go mad over designing those!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the PJ's, they are awesome, well done Dad on the design. I'd be the same and would want them to be perfect. I love wild seed bombs, they defo aren't weeds. Grumpy kid or not, your kids look cute infront of wild flowers! #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jack has grown somuch since you started joining in with #CountryKids. It always feels like the end of an era when they change schools but you have plenty of fun times ahead of you. Those wild flowers are such a beautiful backdrop to your photos. funky PJ's too.

    Thanks for linking up at #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those PJs are super cute indeed! Love the roaring dino..and Jack :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. How cool are these pjs! Love them and adorable pics of them both x #funkykidfriday

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a wonderful idea of designing your own pyjamas

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is a great idea - & they're so cute! I would share your difficulty in surrendering control & letting the kids just make a mess of them though!

    Thanks so much for linking up at #KCACOLS. Hope you come back again next Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such beautiful pictures, you must have walls full of frames at home! Also love those pens. Thank you so much for linking up to #MyCapturedMoment xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous photos and those pj's are such a great idea. I actually want a pair for myself now :-) Any product that unleashes imagination gets my thumbs up. Thank you for linking up to the #DreamTeam

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh how design your own pj's! I love this idea! My kids would love to design their own! You've taken some lovely photos and the colours of those wildflowers are beautiful! #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such a fun idea! I love that dinosaur on the top, very very cool. I dread to think what my lot would come up with free reign... :) #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your husband is incredibly talented, that design is amazing! As I do not have any artistic talent whatsoever they are probably not suitable for us just yet - not that mine would let me assist anyway. The wild flowers in your photos are stunning. #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh man, I am OBSESSED with your oldest's hair-so cute! I absolutely love the photos of them in the wildflowers, there's just something about wildflowers...so beautiful! I absolutely love the jammies, what a neat idea, and your husband totally rocked them! I'd love to design a pair for my 1-year-old! Thanks so much for sharing <3 #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  28. Aww these are lovely! We've also been sent some for Busby and I can't wait to get creative!

    Thanks for linking up to #FunkyKidFriday xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. The pyjamas look like so much fun. I can see a few pairs of these being found in Christmas Eve boxes.

    ReplyDelete