Saturday, 23 April 2016

Little Red Wagon


It occurred to me this past week how fast this year seems to be flying in. I'm starting to get school notes sent out in preparation for summer term ending. It only feels like Jack started P1, and now he's about to finish it. And Noah - he's about to turn 2! It really feels like yesterday he was a babe in arms. And now he is a really bold toddler. Grandparents try to hide it under guises like 'spirited', 'determined' and 'knows his own mind' but he is a tinker who keeps me on my toes. His demands are incessant and if you refuse... well... resistance is futile.

 

Having said that, I have been getting tonnes of cuddles from Noah since I came back from holiday. I guess he must have missed me. He's very much 'my boy'. Not Daddies, not grannies, not Nannies, he just wants me. And I'm not allowed to go too far. I guess it'll be a while until he trusts me not to go away for 5 days again. The thing is, he was fine with Granny while we were gone. 


The days are so much longer, and warmer now! We're loving it. We spend as much time as possible outside. Weekends are best as Daddy gets to come too. I sure wish we had a bigger garden in the summer, but maybe someday! 


Have you heard of Swedish kids clothing brand, Polarn O. Pyret? You might have seen them stocked in outlets such as House of Frazer, as well as having 151 shops worldwide. Their philosophy is...

"...warm, dry and happy children in all kinds of weather!"

That Philosophy appeals to me - As I'm sure it does to just about every other parent! They were kind enough to send Jack their kids Red Striped Rain Jacket (also available in baby sizes). With a soft fleece lined collar, poppers, reflectors, and elasticated cuffs, it is the perfect spring time coat. We have been wearing it lots since the warmer weather came in. It gives a bit of protection from the rain and wind, without being too heavy on a warm day.


Isn't this little wagon amazing? When we were kids, my Pappy made us a little cart. Myself, my siblings and my cousins used to have hours of fun pulling each other around in my grandparents big back garden. We grew up and the cart eventually disintegrated, only leaving a big pile of wood and the wheels. Well, didn't Pappy go and rebuild the wagon?! It used to be black, it has had a makeover. It is lined with carpet for little-bottom-comfort and continually is modified for best performance. You just know the great-grandkids are having as much fun in it as we did!


"Fasta...fasta Dack!"







Thanks to Polarn O. Pyret. Check out the website! Here's what we've been up to in our week that was:

1. Speedy, our new pet snail (he poops a lot)
2. Picnic weather
3. Family from afar
4. Knobbly knees and stripey socks
5. Happy camper
6. Our wee clown in Daddies homemade face paint (!)
7&8. Pondside investigations (newts, toads and unknown species discovered!)

39 comments:

  1. My goodness your children are adorable!
    Please drop by and link up at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2016/04/stop-looking-at-me.html! And check back sometime tomorrow for the linkup for the coming week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the outdoor photos, no surprise there! The one with the magnifying glass is fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are some lovely photos there. I particularly like the little one captured looking at a gate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That little red wagon looks like the best fun 2 kids could ever have, I am extremely jealous! Beautiful pictures

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow as always amazing photos! I love that red wagon! I want that red wagon haha! I am already imagining the fun things that my son can do with it! Thanks for sharing. #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous photos. Apparently your little one looks like the boy out the fairy advert, according to my 8 year old! #twinklytuesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous photos. Apparently your little one looks like the boy out the fairy advert, according to my 8 year old! #twinklytuesday

    ReplyDelete
  8. What awesome photos :-) lovely seeing what they are getting upto. The jacket looks very bright and colourful :-) not heard of the brand before xx #thetruthabout

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great clothes and fascinating ot hear of your five days away. As it happens I've just spent six days apart from my family and it was weird, very weird indeed! #truthabout

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful little cart for so much fun. The coat looks great too. Lovely pictures of outdoor fun.
    Thanks for sharing with #LetKidsbeKids

    ReplyDelete
  11. What beautiful photos! I love the look of that coat too and how lucky are your boys having a purpose built wagon like that to play with?! Thanks for linking up to #thetruthabout this week X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, you are a beautiful photographer! These are photos that I'm sure your family will treasure for years to come. Loving the little red wagon! I can't wait until the weather clears enough to enjoy ours.
    Thanks so much for linking with #KCACOLS! I hope you come back next Sunday!
    Tori
    www.themamanurse.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I ADORE P.O.P clothing - it's a brand I go back to over and over again, it's gorgeous and such good quality too. Thanks for linking up with #TriedTested

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great outdoors piccys! I have a wooden cart that I love too! They look like they've had great fun this week! #ToddlerApprovedTuesday #TwinklyTuesday xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm a keen photographer myself and your photos are amazing. Butter wouldn't melt... ;) #wickedwednesday

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful photos, I love it when a clothing brand get it right with kids clothes. They look very smart but practical

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely photos! It looks like you've had some fun exploring and the clothes look lovely too :) #kcacols

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning photos as always and I love the wagon and the coat :-) #whatevertheweather

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've just written a post too about how fast time id flying by!! We try and get outdoors every weekend, it's the only time we all get to relax as life is so busy. I love the cart and great photos as always. Sarah #whatevertheweather

    ReplyDelete
  20. Well done for getting out and about in this crazy weather. I always love your style of pictures, full of fun and colour, and so natural. Thanks as always for linking up to #MyCapturedMoment xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. What great pictures! Every time I see a post like this I think, "I have GOT to get a nice camera and learn how to use it!"
    #thetruthabout

    ReplyDelete
  22. Brilliant I love the little cart. Plenty of fun to be had there. My son loves his mummy most. He is so cuddly! I've not left him more than 5 hours yet!! #kcacols

    ReplyDelete
  23. Loving that red wagon - they look just so close and so much bigger than when I last stopped by! Thanks so much for linking up to #livingarrows x

    ReplyDelete
  24. I could tell you were a photographer even before I checked out your 'About' page - LOVE the composition of your pics (helps to have great models though, right??)! xx #BrilliantBlogPosts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, you're too kind! Thanks for visiting! Come back soon. X

      Delete
  25. I LOVE these photos. You can totally tell you are such a skilled photographer-but it can't be THAT hard with such beautiful children! We've been spending loads of time outside as well, how could you not, the weather just draws you out. And, you make such wonderful points-time moves so incredibly fast, and you don't realize it til it's already gone. x #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such kind compliments! Thank you! X

      Delete
  26. Such gorgeous outdoorsy pictures! Oh my that little red wagon is simply adorable...Xx #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such gorgeous outdoorsy pictures! Oh my that little red wagon is simply adorable...Xx #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gorgeous pics and just loving that red wagon - hours of fun!! Thanks for linking up to #coolmumclub lovely

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a great wagon to have fun in. I think bright red is a far better colour for it.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Ah one of my favourite kids brands. And your photos are stunning too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Gorgeous photos! Thanks so much for making me smile and joining in with Wicked Wednesdays. Have a great bank holiday and see you next week! x

    ReplyDelete
  32. Gorgeous photos! Loving the raincoat! Thanks for linking up to #ToddlerApprovedTuesday hope to see you again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. It looks like a gorgeous jacket! We need to get something lighter for our two as well, fleece lined jackets are a bit warm on sunny days! Noah is definitely getting big, our Mr 2 sounds very similar, very insistent on getting his own way! Gorgeous photos and curious to what the unknown pond species was! Thanks for linking up to #Whatevertheweather :) x

    ReplyDelete
  34. Absolutely beautiful photos! Sorry for the late #wickedwednesday

    ReplyDelete
  35. Darling photographs every time I visit. I learn so much from observing your work.

    ReplyDelete