Wednesday, 23 March 2016

Spring has Sprung


Oh Spring has most definitely sprung! Hooray! The temperatures are well into double figures again and I keep having to stop beside fields to admire all the wee newborn lambs. And the country lanes are lined with bright yellow daffodils and the whitest snowdrops. Just beautiful. I'm so glad to see it, and I'm sure you are too. This is a wonderful season.



You've probably noticed lots of rainbows around at the minute too? I have. I keep trying to photograph them, but they are elusive things. I love a Rainbow. Sometimes I get to choose lovely things from Zazzle to feature on my boys. So, naturally, this Rainbow lover chose these beauties. Noah is wearing an 80s vintage Rainbow toddler sweatshirt. This is actually one of my favourite items of Noah's, ever! I really love the simple print. I would absolutely get this printed onto an adult womans tee, and wear it myself.


Jack is wearing the Bigger Always Wins Kids Sweatshirt. It features a massive T-Rex eating a Unicorn. So you can just imagine how flipping much dino-nutty-Jack loves this. And I like the rainbow. Haha!

 






Thanks, as always, to Zazzle, who provide the most wonderful choice on clothing and just about everything else! Check them out!


Do you know that today marks National Puppy day? I mentioned in my last post that I would love another dog. So far I haven't been able to talk my husband in to it. Boo. But last weekend- what a treat - A good pal of mine has a few dogs, and two of the females gave birth to a litter each. We were invited up I invited myself up to meet the wee dotes. I was more excited than Jack and Noah put together. And my husband remained remarkable calm. I don't know how. So I just climbed right into the pens and sat with warm, sleepy, yawning, toothless, bleary eyed little newborn balls of fluff and it was THE BEST DAY EVER!



One litter were purebred Golden Retrievers, the other litter are Alsatian/Lab mix. Honestly, they are just the sweetest things ever. I can't wait to be invited invite myself back to play with these pups when they're all running about. It will be a mad house!


So just incase you haven't seen enough photos here is some more of us enjoying the better weather. Speaking of photos, I was very pleased to be informed I have been nominated in the National MAD Blog awards for Blog of the Year. A few of you have also contacted me to tell me you have nominated me in the photo category. This is so so kind of you and very appreciated. Thank you so much. If you like my blog, I would love to be nominated in any category you think fit, particularly the photography category - If it's not too much trouble! And when voting opens I'll probably be annoying your heads again asking you to vote. Apologies in advance! But seriously, thank you so much to anyone who has taken the time to nominate this little blog of mine. xox 

Tots 100 Awards




Here's what our week that was looks like:

1. St Patricks Chair and Well walk
2. Sunworshipper
3. Froggy Brolly
4. Toad in hole, everyone's fave.
5. Maisey's arch nemesis, Mr Swan. Hissss.
6. Explore
7. Meeting the puppies
8. Mama gets the chop! Bye bye long hair. Hello long bob.

26 comments:

  1. I always love seeing all of your beautiful photos, they really capture the moment and tell a story. That rainbow jumper is so sweet too xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, those puppies!! Beautiful photos as always too. One of my daughters is a massive unicorn fan, not sure she'd be impressed with the t-rex eating one ona t-shirt though! Sarah #MyWildOnes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely think you deserve to win in the photography category - always such stunning photos. Would you ever consider a 'How to' series on your blog to give some advice about taking such brilliant photos? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for that lovely compliment. I've never considered it, but do you think I should? Hmmm! You've given me something to think about! Fingers crossed!

      Delete
  4. Oooh the puppies!!! Gorgeous photos as always :) I love those jumpers from Zazzle!

    Thanks for linking up to #MyWildOnes and #FunkyKidFriday xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photos always have such an incredible mood to them. Love the rainbows! -- #funkykidfriday -- Amy @ http://thegiftedgabber.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, I am in the longing for a new pup as well. My problem is I cannot find the breed I want near me. :-(

    Your photos are so pretty... the lighting is very dramatic.

    Lisa @ LTTL (www.lisakerner-slp.com)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oohh lovely outfits! I really like how you've kept to a theme without dressing your boys in identical outfits.
    Alana x
    #funkykidfriday

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh those puppies. I can't imagine how much fun they will all be once they start running around and playing. We have two dogs and I can't imagine life without a canine pal. Love the greenhouse shots. Perfect sibling photos. #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Cheryl, they ARE running about now! And howling, and barking a little! Adorbs!

      Delete
  9. Lovely to see the boys out in their gorgeous Zazzle clothes, they do a lovely range for outdoors kids. Oh my those puppies are adorable, who wouldn't want to invite themselves around to see them. Wishing you the very best of luck in the awards, you deserve to do well. Thank you for sharing your adventures with me on #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw! Thank you, Fiona. I'm nominating you in a few categories. I love your blog and I love linking up with you. Good luck to you, you deserve it. X

      Delete
  10. Ahhh those puppies are so adorable!!! I love rainbows too, those tops are fab!! I've spotted so many rainbows recently. I always marvel at how beautiful they are. Spring truly has sprung. It looks like you've really been making the most of it this week. Thank you so much for sharing with #whatevertheweather xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh look at those puppies- just so gorgeous. I would love a dog but my husband won't let me. ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww you always amazing photos! I want one of those puppies! #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely selection of photographs. The boys are rocking their rainbow outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE rainbows too, they are just so beautiful and how can you not love all that colour? Great choice of tops for the boys and lovely photos, how cute is Noah upside down looking through his legs! Good luck with the MADs, I'm sure you will do well, love your photos as you know! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness those puppies are just too cute!! I'm obsessed by rainbows, I've got the baby so many rainbow themed outfits and baby grows. Thanks for linking up to #MyCapturedMoment xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. such wonderful photos and I am now seriously broody for a dog after seeing those pics. Hmmmm, how to persuade Mr C..... #whatevertheweather

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my gosh those puppies are sooo cute! I love Golden retrievers! I hope hubby caves in one day for you. You take beautiful photos, they are all stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are gorgeous photos. So much better than my point and snap pics! #mywildones

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are gorgeous photos. So much better than my point and snap pics! #mywildones

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your pics.... and your boys are so incredible cute and handsome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Adorable photos.
    Isn't it amazing how much of a difference it makes to take photos of children (or pets) from their level rather than from ours? It makes the shot so much more meaningful and really brings out the "cute"!
    Please come share at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2016/03/the-endless-variety-of-orchids.html

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love all those puppies, they're so sweet and cuddly! I would be getting lots of puppy cuddles too! Good luck in the MADS, you deserve the photography award with all those amazing photos! Thanks so much for linking up to #Whatevertheweather :) x

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love that simple rainbow, too! Love it so much! How can anyone resist those sweet pups!

    ReplyDelete