Sunday, 6 March 2016

Mother's Day


Happy Mother's day to all my fellow Mama's out there! I hope you're having a lovely day with your little rascals, as I am. Jack made me a couple of cards in school/youth club, and I think even more touching was when he burst through the bedroom door this morning and said "Happy Mother's Day, Mummy!" without even being reminded.


This past weeks weather has been all over the place. Rain, shine, and snow. But the cold temperatures have not ruined the beauty of the low sun and the longer days. We've been enjoying golden hour!



Past weeks news? Nothing huge. My husband has been poorly, dear love his wee cotton socks. But he battles on, even though he should rest. You know what, though? It sure makes me glad to have a husband who is usually full of craic, because right now he is actually minus-craic. Or as we've referred to him, as a 'craicuum'. He really has sucked the fun out of this weekend. This is in jest, but really, he hasn't been much entertainment because he is so under the weather. I can't wait to have my fun boy back.

I bought the boys a couple of vintage furbies (remember those?) offa eBay. It has been a blast from the past, and they both got a bit of fun out of those before Noah broke his (within the hour) and Jack tired of it's incessant demands. ("Hug me", "I scared", "Me hungry", "Tickle me") Which is funny, because they literally sound just like my two on a constant daily basis. Imagine I got bored so quickly. That wouldn't do. I hold out until 7.30pm bedtime at least.



 




Also, I've been thinking about rescuing a second pooch. We love our Maisey dog so much and we could provide a good home for another mutt. I don't have my husband totally convinced yet, but give me a bit more time to work on him. Anyway, the hunt is a lot harder this time around. We have so much to think about. Maisey couldn't handle an excited and enthusiastic puppy, so it needs to be a bit older. No behavioural problems as we have two kids. It probably needs to be male so there isn't a dominance issue. It could take a while to find just the right dog to fit into our busy family life. We'll hold out for the right one. C'mon Bazza, you know you want another pet in our lives...? Awk, go 'wan.








So that's our news, and here's some photos of our week that was. Happy Mother's Day, Mama bears. x

1. Giddy up horsie, don't you stop
2. Simon says
3. Bubble bath
4. Tree climber
5. Painting in the sun
6. Exploring ghost towns
7. Antique window shopping
8. Fighting. Again.

34 comments:

  1. Looks like so much fun, and happy mothers day, Clio lending a helping hand for Coombe Mill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Coombe Mill! Shall link up on Saturday. x

      Delete
    2. It's great that you had such a lovely mothers day, it looks like you had the weather for it. Thanks for linking up with me on #CountryKids.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful photos, I hope you have a good Mother's Day

    Thank you for linking up

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos as always and I love their matching yellow jackets. Happy Mothers Day to you all. The homemade cards are the best aren't they, they are my favourites. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You definitely have my vote for rescuing another pooch! Rescue is my favorite breed. Maisey looks like my Jack. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a beautiful family! These photos are all gorgeous! #mysundayphoto

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photos and they work so well in black and white too #bwphotoproject

    ReplyDelete
  7. what stunning pictures so lovely and you all look super happy. Made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely stunning photos {as always} and how grown up your boys are getting. Plus, those yellow jackets of there's are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Again stunning photos and good luck on convincing the husband about a second dog! :-) #whatevertheweather

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your photos are so beautiful! I love the soft focus and all. I especially like one where all members are on the big tree trunks. Such a great family photo. #whatevertheweather

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely beautiful photos as always, that top one made me giggle! I loved you furby story too, creepy little things aren't they haha xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they just! Haha! The kids are bored with them already. They lasted about 5mins. Oh and that top photo. Typical Noah. That's him to a tee.

      Delete
  12. Your kids are so cute with curly hair! <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your posts are so much fun to read! I love imagining your "accent" as I read along. I always learn a few new phrases, too! Gorgeous photos, as always. You have a beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim! You always visit and leave such nice comments. Glad you enjoy reading my Irish slang. I tend to write just how I think, which is in the Irish lilt! X

      Delete
  14. Your boys are absolutely adorable! Love this shoot!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a gorgeous set of images, so full of happiness (hope your husband is feeling better now!). Just lovely x
    Sara | mumturnedmom

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such beautiful photos! My mother-in-law gave me a notebook for my birthday and the cover says, "A camera is the save button for the human mind." Those photos will be precious memories! My weekend linky party:
    http://abooksandmore.blogspot.co.za/2016/03/pray-for-rain-and-linkyparty.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christina. What a lovely quote! I love it. I have sure 'saved' a lot of memories. We're coming down with photos! X

      Delete
  17. I hope you enjoyed your Mother's Day in the beautiful light. Best wishes to your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely photos! I love Noah's bright green shoes!

    Thanks for linking up to #FunkyKidFriday and #MyWildOnes xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such beautiful photos! Im slightly jealous you have had snow! :(.. if we was in the right situation to rescue a dog I would love to. If you do then I will look out for photos! :) #MyWildOnes

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful photos, I hope the illness has passed and you had a lovely Mother's Day X

    ReplyDelete
  21. You take the most stunning photos. May I ask what lens you use? #Countrykids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you so much. These were taken with an 85mm. X

      Delete
  22. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  23. As per you have stunning photos. I'm glad you had a good mothers day. Oh furbys were so annoying weren't they! I had one when I was young and ended up shutting it in my wardrobe. You're so right though, they do sound like little ones. I hope your husband feels better soon and is back to his usual fun self! Thank you so much for sharing your adventures with #whatevertheweather xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. What beautiful photos, I love the yellow jackets too

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous photos of your little family, I love that you always manage to get lovely shots of the boys together or with their dad. Great memories to keep! The Furbies sound about right, older toys here are broken very quickly too, they must have been quite demanding! Hope your husband is feeling better and glad you had a fantastic Mother's Day! Thanks for linking up to #Whatevertgeweather :) x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such beautiful pictures! So funny that the boys got bored of/broke the Furbies, it's lucky kids don't have to look after kids really!xx #MyWildOnes

    ReplyDelete
  27. It's been weeks that I've been in contact with this spell caster. He was recommended to me by sharon moore. Dr Abalaka help me out with my finances and also a favor spell. His Email Address is dr.abalaka@outlook.com. We've been very good friend and he rendered so many services like Love Spells, Luck, Money Spells, Health, WellBeing, Protection, Healing, Curses, Hex, Breakups,NEW! Combo Spells, Authentic Voodoo Spell, Business spells, Health/Healing spells,Curse removal, Job spells, Healing from all kind of diseases, Love binding, Barrenness(need a child), Need love, Lotto spell,Promotions spells Success spell, Money rituals, winning court case, Divorce spells, Low sperm count, Infertility in women, Breast enlargement/reduction,Penis enlargement/reduction and so many others. Wish you all the best

    ReplyDelete