Saturday, 28 November 2015

Soon the Bells Will Start




Usually we wait until early December before putting our Christmas decorations up. But from now until Christmas, our weekends are booked up. Plus, we have one very excited and enthusiastic 4 year old on our hands here. He has been talking about putting the tree up since October, so this morning we done the whole climbing in to the roofspace thing to dig out the festive ornaments.


Noah was only 6 months old the last time we done this, so it was beyond him then. He still doesn't understand a jot what is going on. But that didn't stop him getting right into the middle of everything. And after watching Jack hang a number of decorations on the tree, he tried joining in too. Dear love the wee pet. Some didn't survive his vice like grip. RIP Mini nutcracker men, and there are a number of brave armless angels and soldiers hanging from different branches now too.


Ugly Christmas Sweater £35.65 Zazzle








Jack was gifted this lovely personalised book from the guys at I See Me, a book which made Jack the star! My husband is a professional illustrator, so we tend to be fussy about books in this family! This 12 Days Of Christmas book appealed to me, as I loved the vintage illos. The best bit for Jack is finding his own name throughout the book. There are loads of other christmas themed books in the range, as well as many others, such as gifts for newborns and older boys and girls. Thanks so much to I See Me. Check them out!


The lucky ducks we are... we were also sent some lovely new stockings from Zazzle. Personalised just for Noah. Which was nice, because Jack has been around for a lot longer and built up quite a little mountain of personalised decorations. Check out my husbands Ugly Christmas Sweater! Thanks Zazzle!



28 comments:

  1. I wish you blessings throughout the holiday season. You have a lovely family - looks like the kids are ready for the magic of Christmas.
    I hope you'll drop by:
    http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2015/11/chicago.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww such beautiful festive pictures. I love this time of year #sundaysnap

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great weekend for you, both the boys look like they're having the time of their lives decorating the tree with you and your husband. Your living room looks so festive and welcoming now, I bet you're all in the holidays spirit now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww... this is what Christmas is all about - family time spent together, including the dog. So lovely! #MySundayPhoto

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet, the photos feels so incredibly festive

    Thank you for linking up

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your photos, and I especially love your Christmas stockings. I would like to get some new ones for the children this year and I cant decide if we should get them all the same or different for each child, after seeing your photos I think I might try and get different ones xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww lovely. I can't wait to put our tree up, I'm really excited for doing all of these bits with the children this year. Your home looks lovely. Wishing you the best holiday season #theordinarymoments

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your doggy looks anything like happy in the first picture, but later it/he/she managed to sleep despite of the Christmas hurly-burly... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This has certainly made me feel very festive! Looks like everyone is in full Christmas mode now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Utterly beautiful as always. The tree is gorgeous and the festive jumpers are too cute. I can't wait to put ours up this weekend too. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. You take the most beautiful pictures - I feel like I say this every week!! Ooh I love your tree, jumpers and those stockings are THE BEST!! Thank you so much for linking up to #MyCapturedMoment xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. These photos are amazing, what kind of camera are you using?

    I actually LOLed about your son wanting to put up the decorations in October haha! Sounds like me! (I put up our tree mid-November, too early? ; ) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks. I'm using a Nikon D700 and a 35mm lens. Mid November- hmm, a wee bit too early? Although, we were late November this year!

      Delete
    2. Ah nice, love Nikon, although have a FujiFilm X-A2 myself!

      Delete
  13. Gorgeous images! our tree has been up for 2 weeks already! earliest ever!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Everything looks so festive. Your little ones faces say it all!
    (visiting from Kim's)

    ReplyDelete
  15. These pictures put you right in the mood for Christmas Loving the novelty jumpers too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. oooh I'm off to zazzle for that stocking!! gorgeous pictures, as always.
    #FKF #TT_Thursday

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awww you take the sweetest photos! How adorable xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the Christmas Jumpers! Very festive, lovely photographs as well :) #TT_Thursday

    ReplyDelete
  19. Haha, the dog looks utterly bemused

    Mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh such BEAUTIFUL pictures. I don't know that I've told you before but I'm utterly captivated by your gorgeous blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The loveliest compliment, Amber! Thank you so much. X

      Delete
  21. Lovely festive photos, loving all the jumpers. Thank you for sharing #TT_Thursday

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh wow! The house is looking so festive. All your boys look great in their Christmas jumpers. I love it! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a sweet Christmas home you have. I loved seeing these images of cheer. I remember full well those years where the ornaments were in grave danger from little hands.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous as usual! Thanks for linking up to #FunkyKidFriday xx

    ReplyDelete