Tuesday, 17 November 2015

November Rain


What utterly rubbish weather we're having. It's making me feel thoroughly down in the dumps. All that gorgeous low sun shining through the autumn trees is gone, and now it's just all day mizzle blowing sideways through bare branches and the remaining soggy rotten leaves lying by the roadside. Boo.

Old Tullyvar Station House


Still, I hate being cooped up in the house all day. So does Jack. Plus, it was time to move Jackie into the next size up welly boots, so when they arrived, he was itching to get out and splash through some muddy puddles. I'm an Aigle fan, as you may know. Over the years Jack has pretty much had every single colour of Aigle welly boots, with an occasional pair of Hunters thrown in for good measure. We have never owned an orange pair of boots though. So when I spotted these, I knew these were the ones. They've photographed more red (they're a deep burnt orange) - look at them there - all shiny and new. They weren't so shiny after this muddy walk, let me tell you.



Aigle Wellies







Noah is his Daddies boy at the minute. I'll try not to take it personally. But he'll choose his Da over his Mammy anytime. I remember little phases like this with Jack too. I used to fall in and out of favour a lot. I suppose I still do. So I worry less than I used to. It gives me a wee break if anything!





Cousin Thomas came out to wade through puddles with us this day. Matching hats and all! Boys just love a puddle, don't they?


That's all from us this week. I have no week that was seeing as I haven't been too inspired to photograph in this rain. Stay dry, all! x

26 comments:

  1. great set of photos! handsome models. ;-) all those puddles must have been so inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos! My kids love to play in the rain. Thanks for linking up! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to spend a yucky day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderfull fotos greeting from Belgium In Mons .
    Blog Mons city: http://louisette.eklablog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing better than puddles for the boys!! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't believe how much rain we have had! My daughter loves the puddles too. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It has been a long time since I visited, your photographs are as beautiful as ever! I hope you get some sunshine soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pictures, looks like you made the most of the rain! #TT_Thursday

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely pictures! Looks like they had fun despite the rain!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous photos as usual. We've suffering from the heat here in Australia at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your pictures are awesome and they capture your family beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great wellies - I love the bright red colour.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving these wellies, looks like a perfect rainy day x

    ReplyDelete
  14. as always.... I could stare all day at your stunning photographs!
    #TT_thursday

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like your boys had fun in their new wellies and the puddles, cant beat new wellies! Thank you for sharing #TT_Thursday

    ReplyDelete
  16. These photos are stunning - nasty day or not! Those rain boots are fabulous. Your post reminded me that my daughters could use some rain boots for Christmas. Family members keep asking me what they "need." They don't need anything, but seeing your post makes me want some rain boots for them! #fkf --- Amy @ http://thegiftedgabber.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fabulous walk, the weather really has been uninspiring but it's great you managed to motivate the family to get out and enjoy the fresh air. Jack and Thomas look so sweet holding hands as they wade through those muddy puddles which look like some of the best puddles to splash in that I've ever seen. Jack's new boots look fab too, I'm sure they're going to get plenty of use! Thanks for linking up with me on Country Kids.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can see those new wellies have been throughly tried and tested this week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, great color boots, but I love the photos amongst the architectural elements of that cottage. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely photos, they feel so natural

    Thank you for linking up

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fab wellies, they look great! Love the colour. You always take such beautiful pictures in lovely surroundings. Even if it's damp! #FunkyKidFriday

    ReplyDelete
  22. You always make this weather look charming even though it isn't your favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Stunning photos! I can't believe how grown up Noah is now! Those wellies are gorgeous too.

    Thanks for linking up to #FunkyKidFriday xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ah you take the most gorgeous photos!! And these are all so beautiful, you could frame each and every one. Thank you so much for linking up to #MyCapturedMoment x

    ReplyDelete
  25. love those red boots. you can have such fun in a pair of wellies. great shots.

    ReplyDelete