Tuesday, 27 October 2015

Captain Jack


Our half term is off to a somewhat bad start. Last Monday and Tuesday, poor Jack wasn't a bit well. He had to take a couple of days off school. I wanted to keep him off for a day or two longer, but he was keen to get back, and wasn't for missing his first Hallowe'en fancy dress school disco. He's mostly recovered, bar a chesty little cough. However, his brother and I have caught this nasty bug bad. Poor Noah has been really suffering for days. I'm a day behind him in weird symptoms, so I feel terribly sorry for him when he's feeling so rough, and then I get the symptoms the next day and feel even worse that he has to go through this. And, won't it ever end? It just seems to go on and on, and morph into new horridness. It's not a great start to our half term break. We've already had to cancel two days worth of plans.


As I mentioned, Jack's school had a Disney themed fancy dress disco before the Hallowe'en break began. Jack had a ball! Our Hallowe'en this year seems to have an unintentional pirate theme for us. We didn't have a disney themed costume, so some friends loaned us this one. How awesome does Jack look as Captain hook? Y'ar matey! 


Our friends over at Zazzle sent Jack and Noah some awesome pirate themed clothing. Jack wears the Captain Jack Toddler baseball tee, and Noah compliments his big bro in this cute 'I'm with Jack' Toddler pullover hoody.






The weather now is about as miserable as Noah and I feel. Hopefully everything will pick up and we can enjoy our hallowe'en break. Maybe my little pirates will be feeling well enough for some trick or treating. Their appetites have been affected by this nasty bug, but something tells me they'll feel up to digging in to a full bag of yummies.

Thanks again to Zazzle for our lovely goodies. Happy Hallowe'en to you all and I'll leave you with our week that was:

2. Girly me-time at a silversmithing ring workshop
3. Pappies boys
4. Another self portrait
6. Wave
8. "Oh, Is this annoying? Well that was my intention."

33 comments:

  1. Great costume! He so darling!
    http://travelingbugwiththreeboys-kelleyn.blogspot.com/2015/10/baby-n.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY cool shots - love the pirate!
    Thanks for linking up at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2015/10/a-visit-to-madame-tussauds.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pirate! arghh. Great shots (as always).
    http://parentclub.ca/2015/10/ww-w-linky-homemade/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable shots! Thanks for linking up. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic costume! He really does make the perfect pirate! Noah's jumper is gorgeous too, it's so cute when siblings clothes compliment each other. Such a shame that you have all been feeling unwell, the boys are both getting over a cough here, but I'm really hoping that's it as we've had so many colds recently. Hope you're all 100% again soon.
    Thanks so much for linking up to #Whatevertheweather :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a handsome duo and what cute costumes! I love the creativity in this shoot!

    I host a Photo Friday link-up each week; I'd love it if you considered joining us!

    -stopping by from Create With Joy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to! Thanks for invite. Where can I find you? When I click on your name it doesn't show your blog.

      Delete
  7. Such a fun series of photos! Thanks for linking on Amanda's Books and More.

    ReplyDelete
  8. omg your photos are just delicious! I was having a chat with Caroline from Lala&Bea the other day and mentioned your wonderful post last week and she was thrilled with the quality of your pictures!! The one in the hallway has such a stunning depth of field - what lens are you using. I ask these sort of questions and then I realise that it's nothing to do with the lens, but you just being an awesome photographer!!
    #TT_Thursday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there,
      Aw thanks! Caroline was in touch via email, I'm so glad she loved the post. Isn't the Lala&Bea range gorgeous? I use my 35mm lens almost always. It's a great all rounder lens, although I lust over an 85mm too. Thanks for your visit, and lovely compliments. x

      Delete
  9. Great photos! Love the costume x
    Chillingwithlucas.com
    #TT_Thursday

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I'm so sorry you were poorly. I hope you're all better now and enjoying the half term to the fullest. I love the pirate costume, it looks so cool! And the t-shirts from zazzle are really fitting for it too! Your photos, as always, are absolutely stunning. Thank you so much for linking up to #whatevertheweather xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry to hear everyone has been so poorly. Sounds like you have had a real time of it. Hope you are all making a good recovery. I love the Captain Jack costume, he looks amazing! The jacket is gorgeous. #whatevertheweather

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww so cute of Jack as Captain Hook! Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  13. They are SO cute! Zazzle stuff is great isn't it! We got sent some stuff a while ago. Loved it!

    Sorry to hear you've all been suffering. It's awful when you all get the same bug one after the other. Hope you get well soon! Thanks for linking up with #FunkyKidFriday x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry to hear you have had poorly ones, nothing like some fun dressing up and a little fresh air to sort things out.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope you're all feeling better. What great photos. Lovely X

    ReplyDelete
  16. So cute, I love his pirate outfit

    Thank you for linking up

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a shame you have all been poorly. The pirate is great and I've not seen a Captain Hook one before. Pirate costumes now all seem to be more on the raggedy side. That's such a cute little hoody. Just right for this weather.

    ReplyDelete
  18. They are all great outfits, I hope Jack had a great disco and yourself and Noah recover soon. Thank you for sharing #TT_Thursday

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hope you are all feeling much better now. Your little ones look so darling. Great pictures!xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hope you are feeling better. I love the kids pirate tops :-) popping over from #MyCapturedMoment Kirsty Hijacked By Twins x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous pictures. Those curls are absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What gorgeous boy you have! I love his freedom spirit that shines through the photos collection. I love your technique of blurring out the edge and concentrate on the subject. Just beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Argh me hearties! These outfits are amazing! B is obsessed with pirates at the moment so may have to find her some pirate-y bits!

    #FunkyKidFriday xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wonderful shots, the boys look like they really had a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a gorgeous post full of beautiful photos of Captain Jack and little Noah. The girls love dressing up, which means halloween is a big occasion in our household too. Thank you so much for linking up to #MyCapturedMoment.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm glad Jack didn't miss his fancy dress party!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Captain Hook never looked so good. I hope you are all feeling better by now.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Supeeeer cool! Jack and Noah really had fuuuun with those costumes..

    ReplyDelete