Sunday, 20 September 2015

Snug as a Bug


Hello all! We're two full weeks in to school now, and I'm delighted to report that Jack loves it! Having to have us all up and ready by 8.30am is wreaking havoc on my face and I leave the house sans breakfast with very puffy eyes most mornings. I must be a sight at the school gates. Boyo is usually well presented, complete with the homework that Mummy Jack has completed, and a yummy pack lunch. That's the main thing I suppose.


So that leaves Noah and I alone for 5 full hours whilst Jack is off becoming educated. Look at that face. You'd think butter wouldn't melt. Right? Wrong. I'm starting to wonder if the fairies haven't exchanged Noah and left me with this naughty little changeling. Or perhaps he's going to be a scientist, and he's conducting an experiment to see how long it will take to drive Mammy round the bend. The experiment should soon be coming to an end, because I'm about ready to crack.


I can just tell this ba is going to break my heart. He's strong willed. I have to pick and choose my battles or literally every word that comes out of my mouth would be "no". The thing is, this child doesn't even seem to phased by 'negative attention'. Something which Jack and our dog Maisey both hate - They will do anything to avoid a scolding, but Noah. Well. Sometimes I think he wants to get a rise. Tell me it's a phase? Teething? The terrible two's have come early? I don't care if none of these are true, lie to me!



Look at him lying up in his cot. Or 'cage' as Jack calls it. Right now, I would agree with him. It's about the only way to keep him out of trouble, except he manages to find trouble. Like peeling the paint off the walls. Throwing the duvet out and ripping off the sheets, and my personal least favorite, destroying the blinds that are within reach. SIGH!

Anyway, have a look at what this tinker of mine is wearing. We received a nice little gift from the nice people at Slumbersac. They sent Noah this sleeping bag... with feet! What a neat idea! I can honestly say that we love this. It comes in very useful when we stay late someplace, we can slip him right in to it, zip it up, and then strap him in to his car seat. Some ninja-parenting moves later we have transferred him from his car seat to cage cot without waking him. It's also awesome coming in to this cooler weather, either before bed or early morning when he can totter around as snug as a bug in a rug, until it's time to get dressed. We don't have to worry about him throwing the duvet off himself and getting cold when he's in his little sleeping bag, so we're sold. Plus, he's very comical bumbling around in this. Stop - Hammer time!


Thanks to the lovely people at Slumbersac for this useful item! Hope all your little ones are settling in to the new school year, and I'll take any parenting advice you have to offer. 'An introduction to petulant one year olds 101'. Can I join?

"My go now, Daddy?"

Here's our week that was:

1. Pairs game (Mummy and Daddy have become obsessive competitors)
2. New bathroom print
3. Noah's favorite ever book, My First 100 Farm Words
4. Wheat fields
5. Grassy bank
6. Naptime
7. I be cruisin'
8. Meeting new baby, Flynn

22 comments:

  1. Aww such cute pictures. What a great idea! Im going to check these put for my grandkids

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cutie and that sleep suit looks so versatile and perfect for autumn time #MagicMoments

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jack is gorgeous!! and the Slumbersac sleeping bag with feet is genius. Our Jack is currently in the bags with the zip up right around the bottom. I think one with feet would be great for him!!! #MagicMoments

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww those special moments that you have share!!! I love the one too with Jack in the wheat field you can only see the top of his head. :)

    Thanks for sharing on the #OMHGWW this week!
    Karren

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pictures! What precious little (and big) boys you have! Teresa from NanaHood

    ReplyDelete
  6. He looks like such a happy little fella.
    Cute photos!
    Hope you'll drop by http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2015/09/steam-powered-whatchamacallits.html to share.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the sleep suit! We had some that we loved when my little man was a baby, but once he started moving it was hard to keep him in it with the legs being together. This looks like a great solution!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know all about little ones coming out of their duvets in the night and getting cold. That sleep sack is great! And, I think it's the first one I've seen that allows the feet to have movement, which is super great. Love the photos as always. Take care and thanks for linking on Amanda's Books and More at
    http://abooksandmore.blogspot.co.za/2015/09/fun-at-karoo-botanical-garden.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a little pickle! Yes, of course it's a phase and it won't go on for months...and months...nope! Love the Slumbersac! #mycapturedmoment

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah he is adorable, I had a stubborn extremely strong willed baby and toddler but he has turned into the loveliest chilled out teen x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh that's such a clever idea. My nephew would love that, he never wants to take his gro bag off!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a clever little suit!!! I've never seen anything like it! How wonderful that it can convert to a sort of sleepy romper. Perfect photos too!
    #FKF

    ReplyDelete
  13. A lovely post with gorgeous pictures :-) and what a treat it was to see little baby Flynn at the end there too #mycapturedmoment

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a precious little bub. I love his sleep sac, and I found them so useful with our 3rd baby. I'm sure his "naughties" are just developmentally right on track for twos. Lots of testing in this age. Hang in Mummy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What lovely pictures. I love that the sleeping bag has feet and will have to look in to these for my daughter. #mysundayphoto

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful photos, I wish I had a sleeping bag like that

    Thank you for linking up

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous photos! He looks so cosy and indeed snug as a bug.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think all the little ones seem to have come into their own now their siblings are back at school, mine certainly have. Its definitely just a phase ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's so weird having one on one time isn't it? I adore having it with my youngest but it's definitely taking some time to adjust to my big girl being at school. He definitely looks like butter wouldn't melt. ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the sleeping bag, so cute! You sound like me first thing in the morning! Thanks for linking up to #MyCapturedMoment x

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a fab idea! And wow, how big is Noah looking now?? I remember when you announced his birth - time is flying!

    Thanks for linking up to #FunkyKidFriday! xx

    ReplyDelete