Thursday, 18 June 2015

Noah is One Today!


Noah is one today! I haven't had time to take any special birthday portraits, but I couldn't let today pass without posting about our super-chirpy youngest member of the family on his first birthday.


It really does seem like no time at all since Noah arrived bright and early, right on his due date. The sun was just shining from the heavens and I was enveloped in a wonderful hormonal high - where I remained for weeks no less! It was a happy time. Baby Jack I remember being extremely hard work. Maybe it was just me being a newbie Mum. But Noah was easy-peasy, and we got full nights sleeps from the start. At least, that's how I remember it. He was such a novelty to us all, and sometimes, (when he's on his best behavior) I still think we think that he is a bit of a novelty.


Noah arrived right as the summer holidays were starting and we got to enjoy those first couple of months without constraints. Then, Jack started Nursery and the months have just flown by. Noah has always been easy going and is content to come on the school runs. He's delighted to catch sight of his big brother coming out of school.


He's a happy, friendly little thing. Always playful and giggling. He's also a complete whirlwind of destruction. He has gained the nickname 'Wreck it Ralph' and 'Taz' - his theme tune is 'Wrecking Ball'. This baby can tear apart a room in the time it takes you to have a cuppa. Oh, and flip can he eat. He would never stop. 


I had a think about what to get Noah for his birthday. He's not that taken with toys. He prefers iPhones, iPads and TV remotes. And when I say he prefers them, I mean he prefers to try and break them. He has all Jack's hand-me-downs - no need for any more clothing. So, I decided to bake him a cake. I knew I couldn't go wrong there. I made him a giant cupcake using the Pink Whisk's recipe. It turned out fab. I would highly recommend! 





Noah has been walking since about 9 months, but that's only a few steps here and there, and coasting the rest of the time. However, two days ago, just in time for his birthday, Noah decided to make walking his default setting. I'm still all fascinated to see him go. Jack keeps saying "Look Mummy, that was his longest walk ever!" and I keep replying "No, he's actually walking all the time now!" I really don't think Jack quite believes it. 


So, now the summer holidays are approaching once again. I'm hoping for some wonderful weather and a chance to keep up with my blog a little better. There is certainly a lot to do, and our wee Noah accounts for a big ol' chunk of that. He is worth it though. How blessed I feel that he is part of our family.


Hooded Fisherman Jackets Marks and Spencers

"Peekaboo!"

"Happy Birthday, Bruv"

Happy birthday my baby! Here's what else has been going on.

1. Fun in the sun with bff
2. Meeting some kittens
3. Jack takes part in a garden party, bow tie mandatory!
4. Noah and cousin Archie
5. Broskis
6. Painting the kitchen
7. Jack and the big girl
8. Pretty fields

30 comments:

  1. congratulations, Noah...so cute indeed and as always, I love to see the all the photos. Beautiful family you have here :). Cheers..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Do come back for another visit soon. X

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday, Noah! My first just turned one last month. I'm so sad he's growing up so fast, but I do find each stage of his life to be a little more fun than the last. Cheers!
    #makemysaturdaysweet

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful photos as always. A very happy birthday to lovely Noah, he is looking more like his big brither every day and it looks like they are becoming best of friends too. Yellow s a great colour on them both. Thank you for sharing with me on Country Kids

    ReplyDelete
  4. What gorgeous pictures!! Happy birthday Noah, what a cutie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cutie! They grow up so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday to the little chap... I LOVE that cake, chocolate fingers are just the best

    Mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos, I can't believe he's 1 already...wow that year went quickly

    Thank you for linking up

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww he has grown up soooo fast and that cake looks delicious, Clio lending a helping hand for Coombe Mill

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your photos they are stunning. I saw this post linked somewhere else and marvelled at the cake picture so when I saw it here I just had to click on it. Not only do you take fab photos and have cute kids, you also bake - beautifully. I am in awe! :-) #TWTWC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a sweet comment, thank you for your compliments. I have many cakes go awesomely wrong! This one happened to work out. Believe me, the odds are usually against me! Do come back for another visit soon. X

      Delete
  10. Aw happy birthday Noah! Beautiful photos :) and that cake looks awesome x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy 1st Birthday Noah!!!!
    I think I jsut fell in love with your family! So beautiful :-)
    Happy Sundays In My City.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your photos are fantastic - really lovely. Happy Birthday to Noah and what a great cake :) #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope Noah had a lovely birthday! What a cute little boy he is.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Has it been a year already! Happy 1st birthday & lovely photos as always! #mysundayphoto

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Birthday Noah, what lovely photos. They really back up all your words of love X #TWTWC

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Bday little guy! And I love all of your pics (and those adorable rain jackets!)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ah love this! my little P has a similar coat! Love your photography! x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Birthday Noah! Love the photo of the 2 of them hugging in yellow. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice series of family photos - but of course, yours always are!
    I hope you'll share at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2015/06/the-other-worldly-insect-world.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy birthday to Noah! Love the pic of the two of them from the back. You my friend, are one awesome photographer! Thanks for linking up with me and do come back. Teresa from NanaHood

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy Birthday, Noah! OMG, that tongue!! LOL Does he do that when he's concentrating? Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! That tongue is out all the time. When he's concentrating, smiling, yapping... It's never in his mouth!

      Delete
  22. 'happy birthday, bruv' - what a shot!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happiest of birthdays to Noah. You have a gorgeous family.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy birthday sweet baby! I just love his little 'tongue" shots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He never has that tongue in his mouth! Haha! Thanks for your visit! X

      Delete