Tuesday, 5 May 2015

Mountains of Mourne


Hello all! Hope you enjoyed the long weekend. Here in Ireland it was a complete washout, until yesterday (bank holiday Monday) when the rain temporarily took a wee holiday of its own and left us with a lovely warm sunny afternoon. Perfect for visiting one of our favorite Mourne sites, Bloody Bridge. 





As I mention all the time, Jack loves this sort of day. A ramble, a picnic - he reckons it doesn't get much better. He eggs us on to go further and further, except, Mummy and Daddy know from experience, the descent is minus craic. That's when the tiredness hits him and his legs can go no farther. But his mouth sure makes up for it and he can complain for Britain. So, we try and judge a good distance which we think he can handle. Often, when we say it's time to head back, it can lead to tears. 



10 month old Noah loves getting out and about too. Noah was an early crawler, but hasn't expressed much interest in walking. Until this past week or so when I have so enjoyed watching him take his first tentative little steps into my arms. He'll let go of whatever he's holding on to just to get an overexcited Mummy reaction, which he thinks is well funny. And I think he thinks he's a bit of a daredevil in that freestanding second or two.



A friend of mine loaned me her Wompat Baby Carrier after I bought an unpadded Meitai which turned out to be nippy after a short while. This is the way to go! My husband was well impressed. It's so comfortable, and Noah loved it. 





The boys looked so cute in their matching American Apparel Fisherman Jumpers. I've been thinking about getting Jack a wee pair of walking shoes, but their feet grow so fast I'm not sure if it would be worth it! We'll see. He's been on at us about taking him camping. He's such an outdoorsy type. I love it. And I love him. Even when he doesn't shut up about being tired the whole way back to the car.

31 comments:

  1. I so enjoy seeing you boys, I have been visiting your blog now for nearly 2+ years so Jack has grown before my eyes and wow Noah, 10 months already, both your boys are darling!!

    Happy Mothers Day!!

    Thank you for visiting to share your blog on The Friday Features party!
    I hope you enjoy your weekend!
    Karren
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh your photos are amazing! This looks like such a beautiful spot. I especially love the photo of your two boys together!
    Popping over form #CountryKids
    Becky xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a beautiful family.
    Please link up at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2015/05/the-bubble-man.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous pictures, I love Jack's hair. I knew I recognised that the Mourne Mountains were in Ireland, must have listened in primary school geography! :) #MySundayPhoto

    Fi @ www.fawnsandfables.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. A splendid serie!
    My latest post at: https://hanshb.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's an amazing collection of photos, they always seem so happy outdoors

    Thank you for linking up

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely pictures and a lovely post. I love how they are both into the outdoors. #magicmoments

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such gorgeous family pictures, I would love to go to Ireland it is on our list. We are hoping to set up camping gear this year and travel round the UK a bit more.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely looking day even if it wasn't that sunny. Your boys look so at home out in the countryside and their clothes are always stylish, I love their matching jumpers, a beautiful photo of them together. Thank you for joining me for Country Kids.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous walk, lots of fun to be had there. Lovely pics!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the photo of them both at the bottom- so gorgeous- you really do live in the most beautiful area. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your photography is just amazing, I know I say it every time but it really is something else. the place you live looks incredible too x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Staggeringly beautiful images. Thanks for linking up to #brilliantblogposts x

    ReplyDelete
  14. You must either have a gazillion photo albums, dozens of external hard drives or unlimited online storage or a combination of all three. All of your many photos week after week are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! A couple of external hard drives. I never print for albums anymore and I've learned to only keep my faves. I always trash my RAW files now!

      Delete
  15. Absolutely beautiful photos. Do you live near the Mournes? I can see them from my bedroom window! Despite the fact I have lived here for 5 years, I'm ashamed to say we've never actually been up the mountains with the kids, but looking at these photos I feel we have to do that pretty soon! Stunning x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I live about 30 mins away. Not too far! Oh you must go to any of the sites. They're all delightful! Look forward to seeing your post about them!

      Delete
  16. Oh the kids look like they are having such a great time...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your boys are adorable and the pictures fantastic. I have always wanted to visit Ireland ( from there generations back) but can't see it happening. Your photos are as close as I'll get. Thanks for that.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the family photo, your all so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amazing photos of your beautiful family =)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks like the perfect day! Gorgeous photos.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful pictures and it looks like you had a wonderful day #magicmoments

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ciao, mi sono appena unita ai tuoi lettori followers. Se ti fa piacere, passa a trovarmi su www.idolcidigrazia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I had already givenSomatodrol the number out like crazy.Keep up the good blogging! Much appreciated..Nice points but I can i ask where you learned of this?You must stop smoking read about the effects.http://gojivitafacts.com/somatodrol/


    ReplyDelete
  24. Sick! Just obtained a brandSomatodrol-new Pearl and I can now read your weblog on my phone's browser, it didn't perform on my old one.I thought it was going to become some boring old publish, however it seriously compensated for my time. Ill post a link to this web page on my blog. http://gojivitafacts.com/somatodrol/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Know individuals trust me they all come to me for exhort I'm American F-four ghost streak in the north Vietnam now is the right time to leave and adversary warriors have been King Size Male Enhancement‏‏ destroying US aircraft now incredible a swab in all which has seven complicated track to overlook the slippery blended into one on one air battle T extensive state in deviation history cocaine operation bone utilizing cutting edge PC representation you're in the cockpit presently hitting ever tackles the wild make 21 in the greatest a genuine fight the war has yet seen demise an air snare encounter the shower dismember the strategies ..

    For more information,visit this site >>>>>>> http://originalgarciniacambogiafacts.com/king-size-male-enhancement/

    ReplyDelete