Sunday, 19 April 2015

Ramblin' Man


Jack has taken a phenomenal little development leap and I can see him trying to piece together the puzzle of life and make sense of it all. Dear love the child, it's no wonder he can't quite get to grips with things, because the questions he asks me aren't easily answered, like, "where do we go when we die?" "why can't we fly?" and "why do we live?" He's decided this week that he wants to be a vegetarian. He just cannot wrap his head around the fact that we eat animals. Like myself, Jack is a real animal lover. I can see he has a confidence and a good way with them. "Do you eat Lamb, Mummy?" I'll answer truthfully that I do. "But you like Lambs, Mummy!"  I'll tell him that the burger he ate a couple of nights ago used to be a cow. Then comes the awful questions about how they killed the cow, and then he vows he wont eat burgers anymore. A friend of ours is a vegetarian. "Does Ciara eat plants then, Mummy?" he asked me one day. "Aye" says I. "But plants are alive!" he exclaimed. Oh flip, he's gonna end up a very picky vegan at this rate.


It has been another hectic week of school runs and home improvements - and an active weekend to boot. Today has been particularly mad with a trip to the swimming pool, followed by a long ramble. It was Noah's first trip to the pool and he thought it was minus craic, whereas big bro had a fab time. Noah turned 10 months this week. He's full of fun. Such a happy (and hungry) baby. My husband despairs he will eat us out of house and home.


Bear Grylls is a big talking point in our house at the minute. My husband and I are following The Island and Jack enjoys repeats of his survival programs on the tellybox. On todays ramble, Jack pretended to be a survival expert, narrating what he was doing and why. Very cute. The expression "What would Bear Grylls do?" was used a few times when Jack took a tumble and started to yap. Hey, whatever works.



Now, I know I'm majorly bias, but I think my boys are looking just so cute today. They're both dressed head-to-toe-in-uniqlo. I'm a long time fan of Uniqlo. They do such fab basics. I live in my Uniqlo tees. So I was chuffed for the boys when they sent some lovely items.

Noah is wearing the Fleece Full Zip Hoody, and the Infant Easy Trousers. These look like little jeans, but they're super soft. And they have stars all over the back pockets, which I think is adorable. Sometimes when my husband thinks you're tooting your own trumpet he'll put you back in your box with the phrase "Do you want a star for your arse?" Every time I put these on Noah, this pops into my head.
Noah is also wearing Jack's hand-me-down Green infant Converse high tops.


Jack is wearing the Kids Light Warm Padded Parka. Oh how I love this coat. Simple, lightweight, warm and stylish. He also wears the Long sleeve sweat hoody, Striped Long Sleeve top (I flipping love a breton top. I own far too many) and the boys Slim fit jeans.
He's very on trend, I think you'll agree, with his lovely little New Balance trainers. New Balance is having a real revival at the minute. Everyone is wearing them.















Thanks to Uniqlo for the fab items. We love them all. Finally, here's what we've been getting up to.

1. Baby Archie and Jack
2. Maisey really suits the new rug
3. And the chocolate Easter chicken was never seen again
4. Bubble bath
5. Messing around with cousins
6. Gorsebush. My favourite weed.
7. A trip to Dublin
8. Our little family

42 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a lovely busy week. I so remember those endless questions lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pics. I did wonder if a farm holiday may make my kids want to be vegetarian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous photos x My 8yo turned vegetarian about six months ago. I'm a vegetarian, so all three have an awareness that I choose not to eat meat (although I cook meat for the children and my husband). I wasn't surprised, he's never been very keen! #WhatstheStory

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sara, I find this so interesting! I'm one of those people that hates the thought of animals being harmed, but likes the taste. I wonder if Jack really will turn vegetarian in a few years, like your son. Thanks for your visit.

      Delete
  4. I think lots of children try being vegetarian, some stick with it...although I wasn't one of them! Beautiful photos and clothes too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doesn't he look wonderful in all his clothes. Such a lovely country boy and I love his enquiring mind, I told all mine the truth about the lambs and they never became vegetarian, though some of their friends are. Jack will make up his own mind in time. Lovely photos. I hope to see them on Country Kids next week, popping by from What's the Story

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for joining me, I hoped you would!

      Delete
  6. Bless him, so many questions! Absolutely stunning photography. Popping over fri what's the story?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great series as always!
    I hope you'll come share at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2015/04/at-keyboard.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww yoru photos are always the best =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I cant believe how fast Archie is growing, they are both so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful photos! hope you come visit my page too! http://www.kidcandoodle.com/doodler-plays-with-paper/

    ReplyDelete
  11. What wonderful photos! Have an amazing week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jack is looking so grown up! Lovely photos as always! Thanks for linking up. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your amazing pics of Noah and Jack are priceless. Love the beautiful and heart melting smile on Noah's face in one of the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your amazing pics of Noah and Jack are priceless. Love the beautiful and heart melting smile on Noah's face in one of the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  15. He'll starve at this rate. :) Great photos and I especially love the one of your dog on the mossy, hilly ground. Thanks for linking up this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This photography is amazing. Thanks for sharing a small glimpse into your charming life.

    ReplyDelete
  17. beautiful pics! some of their questions can be hard to answer...

    ReplyDelete
  18. these photos are lovely - fab moments captured #brilliantblogposts

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful photos and gorgeous boys xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a sweet family! I hope your son's heart is always so soft toward the things of creation. Whether or not he chooses to eat meat. How fun that you go to enjoy the day in your favorite clothes! A perfect excuse for a photo shoot! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Jack sounds like a wise old soul pondering all life's mysteries. And both boys are cute as can be!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awesome pictures!! Questions ....be happy he wants to ask YOU the questions.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous photos! The boys are precious! You have such a beautiful place to explore and have adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your photos are amazing! So gorgeous, will have to check out Unique as love the look of their clothes. #TWTWC

    ReplyDelete
  25. Breathtakingly stunning photos.. Popping over from #ordinarymoments linky xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. First time visitor (from #TWTW) and firstly love your photography, so gorgeous! Secondly love a kid in Converse!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous photos! We love converse too, got some waiting for when little A's feet are a size bigger! That's so lovely that your son has been considering what he's eating and wondering whether to become veggie or not, he may decide to just eat free range products? :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. my little guys is trying to make sense of it all to and its such a lovely time to watch them grow isn't it
    Thanks for linking up with #MagicMoments

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful set of photos, they look so lovely together

    Thank you for linking up

    ReplyDelete
  30. Gorgeous family photos, they look so happy xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful photos as always and Jack sounds like such a wise and thoughtful little boy. How old is he again? My little girl has just turned 4 and she has yet to ask me things like that- I am nervous for when questions about death and things happen. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Katie! Jack is 4 and a half. So hard questions may be coming your way soon! Good luck. X

      Delete
  32. Ahh gorgeous captures and actions shots. It's been awhile since I popped by (apologies) and your little ones have changed so much and grown up alot since I last saw them. Bless how fast does time go? Gorgeous post. #ordinarymoments

    ReplyDelete
  33. Gosh, Noah looks so grown up now!!! Gorgeous photos as always :)

    Thanks for linking up to #TWTWC xxx

    ReplyDelete
  34. Gorgeous photos! I love those little trousers too, they're so cute! #magicmoments

    ReplyDelete
  35. I don't think you are biased at all. Your children always look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete