Monday, 29 December 2014

Jack Frost is About


Brrr! There's a day you wouldn't want to venture too far from the stove, and we haven't. But dear wee Jack didn't want to be stuck inside all day, especially when he woke up to such a thick layer of frost. Or snow, as he keeps referring to it, regardless of how many times we correct him. Over the Christmas period, as we opened the doors on our advent calendar, each day we counted how many days were left until Christmas. Every day, Jack would ask, "and then it snow?" All these festive songs and movies would have these poor wee mites thinking snow is a shoo-in on Christmas day, and I think he was a bit heart broken when there wasn't a pick of it.


Driving in these conditions isn't fun either, so at least we can avoid going too far in it since we're all still off. How lovely it is having Daddy about, and getting out of the routine of school runs. Whilst walking the dog last night I seen a car spin 360 degrees, and I nearly went on my bum a few times too.


Jack wore his Next Santa hat, and he was bundled up in a jumper, body warmer, and a United Colours of Benneton coat. We finally got to try out his new Aigle snow boots. They kept those feet warm and dry. The grips were fab for pretending to ice skate, and walking over slippery ground in general.





Hope you all had a fab Christmas! We did! It was just so relaxing! Santa was great to Jack, he got everything he asked for, and more. If you follow me on Instagram you'll know he asked for a Batman costume. Gosh, he's so cute in it. It's those angelic golden curls poking out from around his mask. Check him out, with his wee built in abs! He adopts a very stern persona when he puts it on. Well, a superhero who must save the world doesn't have time to mess about I suppose. Here's our week that was too. Happy New Year, m'friends!


1.Baby Yoga
2. Christmas eve
3. Happy baba in his pram
4. Lego car
5. Frosty walk
6. Meeting Santa Claus, (of course you know, is one of the biys from home)
7. Scampi Robin
8. Noah

38 comments:

  1. Beautiful post, lovely pictures.

    Kay xxx

    www.mummyburgess.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photos, I love that Jack is insisting that the frost is snow :) #whatsthestory

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shots, every one... although my favorite is the cranky Batman!
    Thanks for sharing at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2014/12/fading-glory.html, and have a wonderful 2015.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful photos. Did you have to actually lie on the frosty ground to get some of them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I certainly had to kneel, and as usual, get myself into some weird positions. All those years of gymnastics paid off!

      Delete
  5. Goodness! We are both wishing for snow! My son is playing with frost yesterday as well telling me he is skating on ice while its just frost =P

    Dropping by from http://pixiedusk.livejournal.com/329864.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super fab pictures ... so creative, refreshing and inspiring. Dear old snow, if only it'll show up when we really want to see it. #livingarrows

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos as always. Thanks for linking up to #whatsthestory. Happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photos, my son was also asking when the snow would arrive - it did eventually on Boxing Day! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Feeling quite envious of all the snow, parts of the country have had, although I know it can be inconvenient. It is difficult when songs and films promise a season of snow, and then none turns up. Beautiful photos. #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your pictures and that is an ace costume. Hope your son gets some snow soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely post. Nice to see you braved the frost and got some beautiful photos. I love his Batman face - very cute x Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely photos.
    My daughter has been so sad we've had no snow.
    Loving that coat

    ReplyDelete
  13. A lovely set of photographs. I love that bike! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Shame about the snow. But sounds a great christmas

    ReplyDelete
  15. My boys are desperate for snow! Love the trike in the first pic, so much fun

    ReplyDelete
  16. We've had snow for a couple of hours and then the freezing rain hit. Our grandchildren were disappointed that there was no snow at Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing photos, I love the first and the Batman photo

    Thank you for linking up

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful photos! And your little ones are adorable! xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are really beautiful photos. I'm new to your blog and have really fallen in love with your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely beautiful, as always. My four-year-old was desperate for it to snow on Christmas Day too, he was pretty upset but easily distracted by the hoards of presents! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such lovely photos. Jack looks very snuggly and stylish in his jacket and boots. #theordinarymoments

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely photos! Looks like he had a fab time in the frost!
    I love his expression in the Batman costume....hehehe x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your photos are truly STUNNING. Tried to add you to my bloglovin feed but your button isn't working xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for taking the time to follow along, Anna. I'll check out my broken blog button too! Glad you let me know about that.

      Delete
  24. We don't get much snow in our parts so when we were covered in ice last January my children were insistent that it was snow. And yes, those holiday songs lead them to desire a white Christmas oh so very much!
    Happy New Year!
    :-)
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  25. As always your photos are stunning, I need you to teach me a thing or two about the camera. And I love all these wintery shots. Happy New Year to you and your family. xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. SUCH lovely photos! And my little boy expected snow too. Poor little things, what a disappointment!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Amazing photos. Seriously breathtaking. I'd be happy to take photos even half as good as these one days!

    #TWTWC

    Jenna at Tinyfootsteps xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a great post, it's such a shame that Jack didn't get his snow. It's super cute that he thought that the frost was the snow, it does still look like it was super magical now. Thanks for linking up with me on Country Kids.

    ReplyDelete
  29. It has been so icy! I was scared when I walked the dog last night as it was so slippy! Beautiful photos! x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Those snow boots look divine and super cosy! Gorgeous photos :)

    Thanks for linking up to #TWTWC xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. These shots are just perfect! You are a very talented photographer. So glad I've found your blog I love it :) xx

    ReplyDelete