Saturday, 5 April 2014

Up the Garden Path


Yesterday was a lovely spring day. The ground is still saturated, but it didn't stop Jack and I from exploring my Nanny and Pappies beautiful blooming garden. How wonderful it is to see the flowers starting to poke their heads above the soil again. I know I'm annoying the drivers behind me as I slow down to marvel at all the yellow buds that come out at this time of year. It's my favourite colour you know. Jack says his is blue.

Jack and Great Nanny found a ladybird yesterday. Jack was mighty excited by this. He was more than prepared to instruct me to pick it up so he could closely examine it, but he wasn't so brave as to hold it himself. The boy can sure come up with a lot of excuses and stall tactics. "No, ladybird might be dirty... ladybird sleeping now... ladybird just want you to hold it" My Nan says Ladybirds are a sign of a good summer ahead. I hope she's right.

 

Check out his sweet stripey top. This was sent to us by a new sponsor, One We Like. You must check these guys out. Their prints are exquisite, and the clothing is inspired. I absolutely love this store. This wee tee is perfect for the milder weather. He's also wearing the American Apparel 5 pocket Jeans (when is he ever not?) and Brown Leather shoes from Zara Kids. Thanks so much to the awesome guys over at One We like



I'm still keeping up with photographing the little occurrences by keeping a camera body handy at all times. My Dad recently dug out all his old photos of my brother, sister and I, and looking at them has been so special. It's made me realize that is is so worth trying to capture the little things in life, and I hope Jack will one day enjoy looking through photos of himself as much as we have enjoyed reliving our childhood through the millions of photos my parents took of us! Here's the week that was:

1. Soldier, Sailor, Tinker, Tailor! A gift from our sweet new sponsor Long Story Co.      
2. Big sleeps      
3. Jack's Recycled Compost Monster sprouts a head of hair        
4. Easter Basket      
5. Bird Watching           
6. The Easter Bunny!          
7. Jack and Maisey            
8. Bedtime Story

25 comments:

  1. I am absolutely positive that he will appreciate all the effort you put into documenting everyday life. I know I would be! :)

    Mersad
    Mersad Donko Photography

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you edit your photos! So dreamy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jack is adorable, wonderful series of images! I hope you all have a happy week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness. I am sure you hear this all the time but his hair is absolutely adorable!! And I love his outfit. I am SURE he will really appreciate all of these photos someday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jack is adorable--love his golden curls!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heheh! cute photos, thanks for sharing ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the first photo, the three in a row, and #8 bedtime story. Always a feast for the eyes. Did you see all my yellow photos on my latest post at 1camera1mom? It's a happy colour for sure and I agree with Jack, blue is also my favourite colour. ;) Thanks for linking on Amanda's Books and More!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful shots! Love Jack's picture with your Nanny - they look adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love his look in the one with the bunny ears!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jack is growing so much since I first found your stories about Hoping you have time to stop by. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi truly is adorable... Jack has this lovely face that you just want to keep looking at and he seems as a very happy boy.
    Happy WW

    ReplyDelete
  12. The first one is my favorite too! Love the composition!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ooh my..you always have such cute photos..Jack is a wonderful model..Cheers from Indonesia..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome photos! He is so adorable =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jack is adorable, as always. Looks like you're in for a lovely Spring.
    :-)
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those daily pictures will be very valuable in the future. I don't have many pictures of myself and it's a pitty.

    Shere y Paul: AtoZ: H is for Highest Pub in Africa, Sani Top Chalet

    ReplyDelete
  17. your little boy is so cute! I like the Easter picture. Naturally cute!

    visit from http://www.redismarose.com/2014/04/wordless-wednesday-priceless/ through WW clairejustineoxox linky

    ReplyDelete
  18. Jack is so cute. Wonderful memories here with Jack and his grands. Priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sweet spring images! I know that Jack will love that you documented his special days!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beautiful spring post! Your little Jack is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely photos of the sweet moments of every day life - a great inspiration for this weekend. Your son looks like an active and curious and wonderful child - enjoy every moment with him!

    ReplyDelete
  22. A happy busy day for Jack!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I so love your editing style...and I LOVE those curls. :)

    ReplyDelete