Monday, 31 March 2014

The Yard


Today is the last day of March. Here in Ireland there are signs of spring everywhere. Daffodils, little lambs and it's getting milder. It hasn't gotten any dryer though. Which is pretty typical. No matter what time of the year it is, shower-dodging is the norm. 

 

If you're wondering how we got on with the chicken pox, the ordeal is almost over. To be fair, we were lucky. It really wasn't that bad. Jack was bad tempered and crabby for one day only. And although he was covered in pox, he either heeded my warnings not to scratch, or he just wasn't that itchy. I barely had to touch the cream or medicine. He has coped incredibly well. And we're at the stage now where all the scabs are falling off of their own accord. I'm really looking forward to giving his grubby wee bake a good scrub! I want to just smoosh that little chinchopper between my thumb and fingers, and rub the face cloth furiously over that face. For almost two weeks I've had to navigate strategically between pox with a cloth covered semi damp finger while Jack squirms and whines "Be careful of my chicken pox!"


Yesterday we visited Auntie May's yard and had a bit of a play during dry spells. Let me introduce you to one of my new sponsors, the lovely independent clothing label, Filemon Kid. The nice people over from Filemon sent Jack a few jumpers. Yesterday he wore the Hoot Hoot Navy jumper. So cute! It's teamed with a Cos shirt from the childrens range, Zara kids puffa coat and jeans, and Ugg Harwell boots

Thanks so much to the guys from Filemon Kid, and if you fancy picking up a few pieces for your little 'un, you can get 15% off with the code JACK15. Brills!



I've been doing my best to keep the camera handy, and snap the little things. So here's the week that was:

1. Covered in chicken pox    /    2. Splish splashing in puddles       /     3 & 6. Hat making with cousins     /     4. My Mothers Day card, made in playschool       /       5. Monkey jumping on the bed       /      7. Saturday morning dancing to Planet Rock in the kitchen     /     8. A good run in Auntie May's Yard

19 comments:

  1. Jack look happy to be out and running around! And almost through with the chicken pox! When my son got them, it was a light case but my daughter really had them bad!
    Cute owl on his new sweatshirt :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You capture life happening so well, and that's really hard to do. These photographs are exceptional.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a really lovely compliment. Thank you so much.

      Delete
  3. Such lovely captures…..I'm so happy to visit your blog again, its been far too long! Thank you for sharing your photos with us this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor guy! Chicken pox are rough, but he's lucky to have you to take care of him. Also, that owl shirt is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He looks so happy going out and running around in the yard.. you wouldn't even know that he was sick. Hope he gets well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing seems to keep Jack down, for long. He is such a cute boy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad your little one is getting over the chicken pox - it sounds nasty. Gorgeous, joyous photos - and I'm so jealous of the rain - we're heading into autumn but it's still hot and dry!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no...chicken pox. He is still smiling though. Your photos are WONDERFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the photos, as always! I'm glad the chicken pox wasn't too unpleasant for him. Thanks for linking on Amanda's Books and More. P.S. I love that gorgeous owl on his jumper. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the jacket open pictures - such a true capture of childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahh the open jacket and wet roads! Spring has arrived!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad to hear that everyone survived his bout with chickenpox
    POSH

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad to hear the pox didn't bother him too much. I just love that chicken pox covered face.. It is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jack is such a cutie! So glad his fight with the pox is almost over. Loved reading your description of bath time "between the pox"! Love that Owl jumper.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous pictures, so glad I found your blog through #thesimplethings

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful photos...he is getting so big...

    ReplyDelete
  17. So cute! Glad he made it through unscathed. I'm sure a good tub soak and scrub will feel so good!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So adorable! All boy; reminds me of action filled days when my boys were young... It goes so fast.

    ReplyDelete