Thursday, 20 March 2014

The Week that Was


So, a few weeks ago, my husband, Jack and I were driving home from somewhere or other, and we decided to stop at the drive-thru for a dirty wee Kentucky fried chicken. The conversation moved on, as it does, and I started to tell my husband how chicken-pox was going around."I WANT A CHICKEN POX!" Jack piped up from the back. Obviously referring to what he fancied when we arrived at KFC. Boy, we laughed. The lesson here is... be careful what you wish for. This morning we woke to a full blown case of chicken pox. Uh-oh. For the moment Jack is covered in little red bumps. He's a good form, and not too itchy. But something tells me things are gonna get worse. By the weekend I envision we'll have a very itchy boy. Luckily, my husband will be off, so there will be two of us on scratch-watch. 

The photo above was taken last Friday, before pox-gate. Jack is wearing the amazing You Star hat, kindly sent to us by a new sponsor, Ershware. I love the shape of this funky hat. It looks like Jack has little bunny ears! Gorgeous. He's also wearing a coat from River Island and red skinny jeans from Zara kids. It was a whole year since we buried Great Grampa Vic. (Where did that year go?) So, we went to leave some flowers by the graveside. It's hard for little ones to grasp this concept. Wee doves.

Last week, I decided I wasn't photographing the little things enough. If I was, it was only on my iPhone. The resulting photos, not particularly nice to look at. So, I thought I would leave one of my camera bodies in the house, or take it with me on little insignificant trips. And just snap away. Which is what I did. So, here's the week that was. Capturing just the little things. 
1. Bathtime for baby
2. Mummy and Daddy's bed has so much room!
3. Slumber takes him after a busy day at playschool
4. You Star hat from amazing new American label Ershware
5. Mummy gets infront of the camera for once, as Daddy tries his hand at photographing Jack, Mummy and the bump
6. Jack brushes his teeth all by himself!
7. Finally! The postman brings Jack's racing car costume! The excitement of it all!
8. Chicken pox strikes!

Anyway, don't be fretful for Jack. Here's a photo I took this morning of him sporting a few pox. (Superman PJ's from Nappyhead) He doesn't look too worried, does he? It's amazing how fast those little spots seem to break out. 8 hours later, and his face looks a lot worse, and his whole body is covered in them. They've got a lot darker too. Any advice appreciated! Thanks again to Ershware. Have a pox-free week, pals.

Don't cry for me, Argentina.

31 comments:

  1. Poor baby! He is adorable with the pox and all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so sweet and grts pics.. Your blog is so cool and I am so touched by your gesture of naming and dedicating a blog to your son.. Its totally cool.. :)

    Sunday Feature & Hop
    -Njkinny @ Njkinny's World of Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your sweet compliment, Nikita. Hope to see you again!

      Delete
  3. Here's for a quick recovery!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhh I hope he doesn't suffer too much. Such beautiful photos, especially the first one. He has amazing hair!

    (This is my first time visiting your blog, I love it and will be adding it to my Bloglovin list)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lauren! Thanks for your visit and follow on bloglovin. Look forward to seeing you again!

      Delete
  5. I hope the itchies have not gotten him too much!
    He's still cute -- besotted or no!
    :-)
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really beautiful photos, the first photo is a real stunner.

    Thank you for linking up

    ReplyDelete
  7. He looks like a handsome model in your first photo #MySundayPhoto

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your first photo, taken beautifully x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely photos, especially the first one, simply stunning #MySundayPhoto

    ReplyDelete
  10. He is the happiest kid with chicken pox =)

    #MySUndayPhoto

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad he is ok with the pox. My littlest (I think) had them but she literally had about four pox which means apparently she can get them again. My oldest hasn't had them yet. I kind of wish we could get them out the way. He looks very happy given the circumstances! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't ever heard that a small dose means they're susceptible to another bout! Oh dear! Well, I needn't worry about that with Jack. He's covered. Head to toe! He wasn't in such good form the day after this post but he's coped well.

      Weird as it is to say... Hope your kids get it, don't have an awful time with it, and get it out of the way. It's better at this age, isn't it?

      Thanks for visiting. X

      Delete
  12. Lovely photos even with the chicken pox.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These photos are beautiful - I hope your little one gets better soon!
    Ronnie xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, no! Chicken Pox! Glad they didn't last too and happy to see a smile on his face.

    ReplyDelete
  15. He is cute, Chicken Pox and all! It looks like they are healing up well. Have a terrific day! I enjoyed your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, the chicken pox! Poor kid. I'm glad you have your hubby home to help. I loved looking at all your photos on this post. Congrats on the baby on the way! You're a beautiful mama. Thanks for always linking on Amanda's Books and More. Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh no!!! Poor guy! My girl hasn't had them yet, and I'm dreading it! Hopefully he'll have a quick recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh no for chicken pox. I'm hoping with you being pregnant that you do not get them. Ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  19. A wonderful post! Thank you so much for sharing it through our link up! X

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely pics though :( about the pox! It's currently going round at my son's playgroup, not sure if I want him to get it yet or not!

    ReplyDelete
  21. ...and yet he keeps smiling!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such amazing photos! I love the first shot. I just HAD to follow your lovely blog. Thanks for linking up to the Lets Have An Adventure link up which I'm co-hosting this week.

    Fiona @ www.dollydowsie.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. such beautiful photos and well they always are lovely. over from stills and as always enjoying your blog. loving the smile even with chicken pox hope jack gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you so much for linking up darling. x

    ReplyDelete