Monday, 13 January 2014

On yer Bike


Happy New Year, blogger friendlings!
Hope you all had a great Christmas. Between his birthday and Christmas, the boy child did ever so well. A plane, a bin lorry, and a train set. And these were just the Santa gifts. In this post, I wanted to highlight one of his best presents - this amazing little Carrera Coast balance bike from Halfords. This was kindly bought for him by his doting great grandparents, but given to him all the way back in the summer months so he could get the use out of it. And a good job too. I've been trying to get a photo of him on it these past two weeks, but the weather has been lousy! So you'll have to make do with these photos from the summer. Ah t-shirt weather. We miss you! 
The idea of a balance bike is that there are no pesky pedals to get in the way. Therefore the child learns to balance and can manage much better without stabilisers once a pedal bike is introduced. I can't tell you how effective this is yet. Ask me again in another year. We all get so much enjoyment seeing how much fun he has on it. 
 In other news, we've hit the "Why?" and "How?" phase. My GCSE chemistry, biology and physics are definitely being tested once again. Some questions are valid. Some are repetitive (read: irritating) and some are just downright unanswerable. Like this morning. "I want to go to play school" Me: "We're on our way". Jack: "Why are we on our way?" Other questions include "What windows made from?", "Why our car black?", "Why Mummy not have willy?", "Why cats not like dogs?", "Why you do dishes?", "Why we go shop?", "Why me have curly hair?", "Where strawberries come from?", "Why we have bellybutton?" "Why it rain?" He's a curious lad, for sure.  
 In the top photo Jack is wearing the American Apparel 5 pocket jeans (turned up) His belt is Zara Kids, T-shirt, H&M, and he's got on a pair of classic canvas Toms. The backpack is handmade by Marine Parents. Thanks to our chum Steve for the plush Buzz Lightyear. Oh and don't forget the helmet! It's from Halfords too. 

22 comments:

  1. I love his little bike with the backpack, so cute and so innocent. And his hair still is sticking out beautifully under his helmet! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year to You too as I can see Jack has been enjoying the first days of the new year greetings to all of you

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh he's sooo cuteeee....Happy new year to you and your family as well! kisses for your curious lad :D...cheers..

    ReplyDelete
  4. how cute, little kids and bikes is such a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for visiting Wordless Wednesday (on Tuesday) and sharing your photo. I hope to see you again next week!
    http://acts17verse28.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful photos, especially Jack on the bike on the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think Amanda needs a balance bike. For some reason, none of my kids ever pestered me with "Why" questions like I was expecting them too. Preschool/playschool is a great place to play, make friends and learn in a fun environment. Amanda starts grade K tomorrow. My blog hop is live at http://abooksandmore.blogspot.com/2014/01/picture-perfect-party-linky-73.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh such cuteness!
    http://www.howtosurvivelifeinthesuburbs.com/2014/01/chasing-the-sun-ww.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have a balance bike and it is awesome fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My oldest now know how to ride, but we're still working with the youngest. Looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the idea of a balance bike. I do have to admit that I'm sad that all of mine now know how to ride a bike, and that stage of my life is over. Thanks for sharing at Tales of a Pee Dee Mama.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The questions are cute. I kind of miss them from my boys. They are getting older and their questions are becoming harder to answer!

    ReplyDelete
  13. He´s such a cutie! :-)

    http://tinajoathome.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. The why phase is a doozy! It is so fun to watch them grow and learn, but it takes patience! Only one of ours was serious about the "whys".

    ReplyDelete
  15. Too bad he hasn't had the bike longer. I've heard of them and wondered if my grandsons would like one. We opted for Big Wheels this Christmas instead.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jack is too cute -- love those curls. I wish I had had a balance bike --- all those many many many years ago ... would have saved the knees I think!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've heard the balance bikes work great. Too bad I didn't hear that before my kids were this age because I totally would have tried it out. Ah well, they learned to ride anyway!

    Pure enjoyment - that's how I would describe these pictures! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'd have loved one of those balance bikes but we opted for the training wheels, and it was fun. Still... :)

    The pics are great and I know that curious line of questioning!! Boy, do I! :)

    Thank you for linking to Super Sunday Sync!

    ReplyDelete
  19. the site is informative about balance bike...by reading this article i have known lot of info...carry on .but i can tell i also read an article about balance bike few days back .the article also good .you can visit the site

    ReplyDelete