Thursday, 29 August 2013

My Little Pony



Today, we visited our friend Sarah at the stable she volunteers at. I wish I could say I owned and rode horses when I was little, but I never had the opportunity. However, as an animal lover, I like horses and I was super duper excited to get the chance to make a fuss over some real beauties today. We were most interested in this little pony though. If a boy named Sue ever thought his name was bad, he should talk to this lovely little shetland of the male variety. Meet Angel. 

He was an old, gentle boy. Jack and I brought him some carrots, bananas, and even some freshly baked bread! Instant friendship! Since he was so tiny, Jack was able to get up close. He even had a short ride on his back! He loved it. "Like my rocking horse in my room" he told me. There happened to be a red tractor at the place too, so, as is the law in Jack's eyes, we must set aside at least half and hour for him to sit on it. There were loads of lovely doggies to pet too. Jack had such a great time, and has talked about it all evening. I have a feeling he has a wee notion of Sarah! Watch out Cathal, you have competition by the looks of things!

Jack wore the American Apparel kids fisherman jumper, and the flannel long sleeve shirt. The jeans are from Zara kids and the boots are the Aigle Perdrix wellies

Thanks to American Apparel for the lovely items and a big thanks to Sarah for the great tour.




30 comments:

  1. Those are lovely pictures but better was the description of a joyful, peaceful, natural day with your boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful pics of your Jack riding and having fun. By the way, I have a Jack, too. It's nice to meet you on the Friendship Friday Hop. I think I'm going to enjoy see your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful adventure for you and your little boy. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jack looks like a pro leading the horse. Sound like you had all the right foods for him. Thanks for stopping by Oh My Heartsie Girl to link up this weekend. Karren

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful. I love your style of taking pictures, the finished product just looks so great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweaters and boots, ah Fall is here.

    Thank you for sharing the nice photos at Super Sunday Sync.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous photos, I rode horses when I was little and it is something I would love for my girls to get in to as well. You have such a great photographic style. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful picture story. I have a photograph of my son at about age three on a horse. It's one of my favorites. He actually just bought his first horse. Not for himself but for his wife who rides and competes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great present for your daughter-in-law! Your son knows how to treat a lady by the sounds of things!

      Delete
  9. Would you look at those gorgeous curls!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I, too never owned horses growing up (though I SOOOOO wanted one!) but love them, as well. And Jack looks terrific!
    :-)
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun day for a little boy - perfect! He looks perfect in his jeans, boots, and sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely day out - and your photos are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww ... That's a cute kid there, M.T.
    I have a couple of pictures of my granddaughter, KP, today.
    ..
    Oh yes, forgot to say that I too like horses. I rode mine to my first two years of high school. We had a barn there for them.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Animals and Kids,just want's to make you go Aww even whrn you are having a bad day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What fun! Your photos of your little man are a delight! My 5-year old loves them. Thanks for sharing his adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Too dear! A marvelous experience for Jack I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  17. lovely shots ... what sweet memories you made with your son on this day. he has such wonderful curls!

    ReplyDelete
  18. He looks like a very accomplished rider, he must have been thrilled!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hari OM
    This is adorable! Can't beat the cute and cuddly. The Pony is lovely too......&*> YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your Jack and your photos are magic!
    Wrenx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your photos are delightful! Jack looks like one very happy boy!

    ReplyDelete
  22. i love shetland ponys. Had a little red one years ago to keep my trotter company.
    Love your pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awww, he's adorable and riding a pony in his cute outfit makes it even better. I still want that hair.

    Have a terrific day. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  24. A lovely story in photos and words. Both Jack and pony are "angels."

    ReplyDelete
  25. Those two look to be old friends. Sweet post. xo

    ReplyDelete
  26. These photos are to die for. So beautiful and lovely. You can tell there was a real connection made between him and the horse. Such a wonderful memory to keep.
    Thank you for sharing this at The Mom Diaries

    ReplyDelete