Thursday, 15 August 2013

Let's go Fly a Kite




We all have long faces today. We're just home from an amazing holiday in beautiful County Donegal, Ireland. A place that my whole extended family frequently visit. We rented a large house (which Jack dubbed 'the big house') and squeezed a bunch of us in. Those who didn't sleep there, stayed just down the road in hotels, or B&B's. All the people Jack loves the most were there. He was in his element. On this, Jack's first visit, we took the opportunity to introduce him to all the things I loved doing here as a child. Crab fishing, Rounders, Buckleapin', and in this case, kite flying! I had it in mind to buy Jack a kite at some stage, and then I spotted this amazing traditional diamond kite at dotcomgiftshop. What a beauty! Thanks to all the Enid Blyton I was fed as a child, this is how I think a kite should look! Check out Jack flying it all by himself! 

I also wanted to feature a couple of my lovely sponsors, the first being luxury baby clothing company Ingugu. They kindly sent Jack this gorgeous Hooded brown sweater, made from the softest alpaca baby wool. They also sent him the grey Melange slouchy hat. These are seriously stunning little pieces which kept Jack as warm as toast during his kite flying adventure. They arrived to us in a sweet drawstring canvas bag with the nicest little pouch of lavender which smelt ahhhhh-mazing! The hat and cardigan still have that lavender smell - I give him extra cuddles when he's wearing these just for a yummy lavender whiff! Mmmm! Ingugu are kindly offering my readers 10% off an order from their Etsy shop. Just enter JACKALPACA at the checkout. How kind. Thanks guys! 

Also, a wee mention to my second sponsor, Petit home, who gifted Jack these Mimi Lou star wall stickers you see behind Jack in the studio photos. I absolutely love their range of quirky kids accessories and gifts! I have my eye on some delicious little cushions for Jack's new bed! 

Anyway, don't think you've seen the end of our holiday photos yet! Wait 'til you see him surfing in his wet suit! And fishing with his little rod. Oh I wanna go back and do it all again! Sigh. Thanks once again to my sweet sponsors! Go wan, give them a wee visit! 


37 comments:

  1. I love the perspective in the first photo...and that really is a wonderful kite. It makes me want to go find one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love this post! Such a simple thing, flying a kite, but you've made it a memory. I love that!

    Oh, and. The light coming through the kite and his slouchy hat? Looooooove!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Precious! That is a really kite. Love the classic feel of these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the photos! And Jack's new hat is adorable - perfectly adorable. And his expression on the ladder is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sweater is nice!!! And he looks great in it.

    I'm glad you had a nice trip and tons of family went along too. :)

    Thank you for linking up to Super Sunday Sync.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow what a gorgeous pictures it looks like you had a wonderful time flying your kite! Such a simple thing but so much fun from my memories of it as a child.

    Thank you for link up with the I Love My Post Blog Hop

    Sarah
    Life in a Break Down
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg! your little one is so darn cute!!

    love the photos, stunning!!
    thanks for brightening my day!
    :)

    and i just loved your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww...he's adorable and then some. My hair was curly like that when I was little and about the same color. I wish it still was.

    Have a fabulous Awww Monday. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  9. What beautiful pictures. He is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So Cute!
    Your photos should be published on magazines, they are really really nice.

    greetings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a lovely compliment... you're too kind. Thanks for visiting! x

      Delete
  11. He is too precious! What a sweetie. I just want to snuggle with him too! And your photos are so stunning. What a great photo opportunity. Can't wait to see him with his widdle wet suit and fishing pole. Looks like you had an amazing holiday. Thank you for sharing with us over at Photog Show and Tell!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely loveee your child, his clothes& the photos you take of him! I think if I knew my baby could turn out as sweet as yours, I'd bite the bullet ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have not visited for a while, Jack is growing and has such a sweet smile. Love the kite!! Come visit http://ohmyheartsiegirl.com/index.php/wordless-wednesday-create-positive-change/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aww, what a sweet heart! These photos are so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such beautiful photos! I'm totally loving the hoodie, too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aww! I like his hat heheh!

    Have a kitetastic week ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that pic of him holding his kite on the boulder. It sounds like a wonderful trip. I hope the long faces turn smiles again soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. That looks like a magical place! I wouldn't want to leave either.

    http://theapels.blogspot.com/2013/08/ww-second-week-of-shool-linky.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. That first pic is oh so wonderful!

    http://www.homeofohm.com/2013/08/wordlesswednesday-6-months-laterw-linky.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. It looks like it's cold where you are.

    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com/2013/08/wordless-wednesday-news-or-beginning-of.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great photos! Love the first one! Thanks for linking up. x

    ReplyDelete
  22. How wonderful of day and flying a kite sounds like the perfect activity

    ReplyDelete
  23. What beautiful scenery! Kite flying was one of my favorite things to do as a child. It looks like you found the perfect spot for it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. The first photograph is stunning!I like the others too. We love kite flying.Visiting from @DearCreatives

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh My, what beautiful pictures. This is my dream to take beautiful pictures of my grandchildren. Thank you for sharing at Tuesday Trivia. I'm a new follower. Be sure and check back Friday for my features ;-)
    Hugs,
    Wanda Ann @ Memories by the Mile

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your pictures are just gorgeous. Each one is so unique, thank you so much for sharing on Tuesday Trivia. You are being featured today for Friday's Features. Hope you'll join us next week.
    Have a great weekend.
    Wanda Ann @ Memories by the Mile

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your pictures always tell such beautiful stories and Jack is always so well dressed.

    ReplyDelete
  28. What an adorable guy! Thanks so much for linking up to All My Bloggy Friends last week - I hope you'll join us again tomorrow. I look forward to seeing what you've been working on this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Such cute photos! (As usual!) Love that hat, and I love how his cute blonde curls come out the bottom, so darling. Looks like he had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  30. iParrot Post is a global read and reporting news platform that enable users to post their account of events witnessed, worthy local and International news. iParrot Post is a breaking news portal.iParrot Post exists to provide independent news and information to the masses, comprised of news feeds from around the world. We enable our users and subscribers to submit local News that they see as important. It is also a portal to allow users and subscribers to comment and contribute to the News events of the day. Worldwide News UK | English UK News | Local UK News | UK Political News | English British Sports News | Business UK News | Breaking UK News | Technology UK News |

    ReplyDelete