Tuesday, 23 July 2013

The Artist


What a fantastically relaxed summer Jack and I are having. Full of lovely activities,  sunny drives to faraway places and visits to friends. Last week it was so hot we dived into my studio to cool off and do a spot of painting. Thanks to my dear cousin Stacey for buying Jack these lovely finger paints from Marks and Spencers. They have provided tonnes of messy fun. Plus, I don't have to buy birthday cards these days. I fold over some A3 card, Jack creates a masterpiece - and tada! An adorable and thoughtful hand made card for you (saving me a pretty penny!)
Well, it was all fun and games during this shoot until Jack rubbed right through the paper onto my lovely white wooden floor! Nooo! Panic stations! The shoot ended abruptly. S'okay though. There was no staining. I wish I could say the same for the white top I was wearing at the time. What was I thinking? 


20 comments:

  1. Hi there, I'm visiting from the friend connect blog hop. Your photos are amazing and I love your blog name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. REally lovely painting shots. Happy WW

    ReplyDelete
  3. He looks so grown up in the first photo. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful photographs! Pictures are always so much better when the kids are just having fun instead of posing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable photo session. Looks like good mess fun, except for the ruined white shirt of course!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My grandchildren love finger painting as well. I have found some for use in the bathtub. All of my cards from them are hand made and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wearing white while your son was finger painting? Glad you were able to clean up that white floor! At least he looked like he was having a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a gorgeous post (pictures and all). Fingerpainting is delightful fun! Glad the floor was saved.

    Wishing you a lovely day.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful and in color too! In my day we had mud pies to play with and get down and dirty - as finger paints were not invented then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I loved playing in mud, and so does Jack. I'll have to photograph it sometime! Thanks for your comment.

      Delete
  10. I love that you let him bring out his artistic side! He sure is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a great idea for a mini session

    ReplyDelete
  12. Truly beautiful pictures, you are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic photos, he looks like he's having so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your photographs of Jack painting. I used to have my daughters make cards and other little things for gifts for relatives too, but never thought of taking photographs of them. /:-{ Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yeah, what were you thinking wearing that WHITE TOP!
    Love, love, love the photos - An artist in progress. What a sweetie, that child!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an awesome blog you have! Lovely pics! I am stopping by from Inspire Me Monday Blog Hop! I look forward to your visit at http://www.homemaker-mom.com/2/post/2013/07/old-boxes-with-a-new-purpose.html . Happy creating!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fun shoot! I'm definitely inspired to give this a go when my little man gets old enough! :) Glad nothing happened to the floors.

    ReplyDelete